• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello, new guy from Louisiana

Avoyelles

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2020
Alexandria, Louisiana
Hello everyone, i am new to this site and to long range shooting as a whole. I did do a long range shooting course at K&M last year with a friend and became hooked. I have yet build or buy a long range rifle yet, but am planning on it in the next month or so. After which i would like to start trying my hand at shooting competitions or maybe even more training courses.

Reactions: DustBun
welcome from long beach!

Hello everyone, i am new to this site and to long range shooting as a whole. I did do a long range shooting course at K&M last year with a friend and became hooked. I have yet build or buy a long range rifle yet, but am planning on it in the next month or so. After which i would like to start trying my hand at shooting competitions or maybe even more training courses.

Welcome to SH.

Being near Alexandria (Ellick) is good. You’ve got a 700 yard range right there in Leesville and they run matches there.

Being near Alexandria (Ellick) is good. You’ve got a 700 yard range right there in Leesville and they run matches there.
For some reason seeing the saying Ellick in writing made me laugh. Is the place you are saying called White Feather, if so I just joined their Facebook page. I have just bought a rifle and still in the breakin process, but after I will love to give it a try.

For some reason seeing the saying Ellick in writing made me laugh. Is the place you are saying called White Feather, if so I just joined their Facebook page. I have just bought a rifle and still in the breakin process, but after I will love to give it a try.

Haha, good ole “ellick”

Yes that’s the place. I’ll probably be there within a month. If you ever wanted to meet up I can help get some numbers for muzzle velocity and help dope your gun out to 700 that day

Haha, good ole “ellick”

Yes that’s the place. I’ll probably be there within a month. If you ever wanted to meet up I can help get some numbers for muzzle velocity and help dope your gun out to 700 that day
Sounds great, hit me up when you are heading that way and I will try to meet up. Also, are there any competitions coming up?

Reactions: JC0352
There’s a match at Texarkana gun club on February 8th, another at Prince gun range in Pioneer, LA on February 29th. The match director in Leesville is thinking late March/early April for their next match.

Texarkana:

LPRC club matches in Pioneer, LA:

(registration link for their Feb. 29th match) https://practiscore.com/rymer-family-benefit-match/register

WLPR matches at White Feather in Leesville:

Reactions: Campguy308