• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello SH

BrentlyWhite

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2019
I have been lurking for some time and finally signed up. I have been shooting since my mother bought me my first high power rifle at the age of 16. A Remington Model 742 WoodMaster in .30-06. So I aged myself with that statement. LOL. My love affair for the 06 has not diminished. I just bought a Savage 110 Hunter in 06 because I didn't have an 06. My uncle introduced me to reloading at a young age and I have continued to reload throughout my life. I am retired from the Army after 36 years and have worked for Remington as a Quality Manger. I built my current AR and look forward to building my first bolt action rifle. I anticipate building it next year. I think I have settled on the components - Big Horn Origin, Proof Carbon Barrel, TT primary, XLR Magnesium Chassis with carbon Buttstock and hand grip, 20 MOA rail, Beast muzzle break, and NF NXS scope in 300 PRC. Then I can just buy a 6.5PRC barrel and have two for one.

I am not new to long distance shooting. I primarily use my rifles for hunting now. When I was younger, I shot at 1000 yards with a T&T savage action and everything else custom. My best on a claim day was 5.75 inches for one 5 shot group. I started reloading when I was 18 and still continue that today. I take what I learned reloading for long distance and applied it to hunting loads. I have learned so much already here on SH with regards to custom actions, stocks, scopes and barrels. I will take this knowledge and apply it to my next build. A long distance light weight hunting rig. I really like the post I have seen from SH and look forward to contributing to the community. It is a pleasure to part of this community and I look forward to our interaction and conservation.

Brent