• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello Sniper's Hide!

Cricket

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2017
I was a member quite awhile ago but forgot my username... I became a member to ask the generic questions like "what rifle/what caliber" and many members chimed in with helpful input and great information, even though that questions has been asked so many times here I am surprised people answer them anymore. It is a true testiment to the members here that people are willing to step forward and help new members and people inexperienced with marksmanship.

I wanted to take the time and just say Thanks You to the Sniper's Hide community! This community is the best I have run into!

As far as an update goes, one of the best pieces of advice I have received here is "just buy something and shoot it. Then think, then shoot it some more."

Following that advice, I went out and bought a remington 700 LR chambered in 7mm rem mag and slapped a Burris XTR II 5-25 on it. I tested various different manufacturers factory offerings and in general the accuracy was about MOA, some did a little better than others of course. I did not get a chance to shoot the rifle a lot though, as the rifle had continuous extraction issue's when using the ammo I shot the most accurate with. This is frustrating, because as patient as I am, I was willing to wait for Terry Cross to send me a custom KMW Sentinel to slap it in. During the long wait period I was going to shoot shoot shoot. Unfortunately the rifle had different plans. Just yesterday I was on my 3rd box of ammunition when I had to stop, leave prone, and wrench on the bolt handle to get the round to extract. I cleaned the crap out of it. Inspected it to the best of my ability. Cleaned it again. It still had the problem. I had a local gunsmith take a look at it for me and he couldn't find anything wrong, stating it was most likely that the rifle didn't like that particular brand of ammo, but I hadn't had any problem's with Hornady ammo in the past.

I grew frustrated.. So now I have a Ruger Precision Rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. Haven't had the chance to take her out yet, hope to soon. Hopefully this rifle will be able to satiate my growing need to relive the itch in my trigger finger, and I can use it while gaining the experience needed to further myself, my goals, and come back here and provide people with the same advice that this awesome community has provided countless people.

Keep being awesome.

Cricket