• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello world

reverendALC

Spriggidiga
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2022
Seattle metro
Hey all,

Long time shooter, first time sniper (unless team fortress 2 counts). As I’m looking to get into distance shooting, I’m looking forward to learning from the forums.

I picked up a savage elite precision in 6.5 creedmoor last night!

Reactions: DustBun
B93DB615-DE3B-4B01-BD14-5DB98081ABF1.jpeg
Here it is!

I’m still shopping scopes, but I’m leaning toward a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56.

I’m no scoped marksman, but I hope to be one day

Reactions: TexasA&MBlueDevil
@geebo glad to hear that. I went and put my eyes through several scopes at my local armorer, but I couldn’t decide just yet.

Did you have to get high mounts?

It doesn’t look like anything lower would work with an objective that size.

How do you feel about placement of the scope? I feel compelled to put on a cantilever mount on to bring the scope back another 30-40mm, but again I haven’t fitted a scope on my rifle yet

It doesn’t look like anything lower would work with an objective that size.

How do you feel about placement of the scope? I feel compelled to put on a cantilever mount on to bring the scope back another 30-40mm, but again I haven’t fitted a scope on my rifle yet
The scope's position is right where I like it and I wouldn't want it any further back. But that's me, everybody's different.

Last edited:
Reactions: reverendALC
I read that, but I’ve had non-specified experiences with other scopes. Sounds like I won’t need to move it back.

Do you have any issues with the bolt action or your hand interfering with the scope?

Also, did your 110 come with that piece on the bottom of the stock? Mine doesn’t have that, but my grip also has three screws 🤷🏻‍♂️

I read that, but I’ve had non-specified experiences with other scopes. Sounds like I won’t need to move it back.

Do you have any issues with the bolt action or your hand interfering with the scope?

Also, did your 110 come with that piece on the bottom of the stock? Mine doesn’t have that, but my grip also has three screws 🤷🏻‍♂️
No problems with the bolt or my hand hitting the scope
I've seen grips with two and three screws. Not sure which is the most recent, though. The piece on the stock is a rear bag rider that I bought from Brownells. It's an MDT product.

Reactions: reverendALC
Thanks for all of your answers. I’m sure I’ll have more questions soon.

Found the strike Eagle for $699 minus 10% at optics planet, that’ll probably seal the deal.

Wait you ordered something from optics planet and got it in less than 2 years????