• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello!

CybrSlydr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2021
Casper, WY
The folks over at SIG Talk suggested I come here and read what you all have to say. :D

Name's Jordan. Moved to Wyoming from Ohio (home state) in June last year for a job with the Forest Service (Fluid Minerals Admin).

Spent some time in the Army as a 13B. Got blown up and medically discharged. Finished up my degree in 2019 and am finally in a career.

Currently own a slightly modified SIG P227 Carry and a CMP M1.

Now that I'm in Wyoming and all this space, I'm looking at getting into some precision shooting. Hence why the SIG folks sent me here.

Looking forward to your advice and knowledge!

If any of you are in Wyoming or familiar with the area and know of some local groups, don't hesitate to let me know!

Welcome to Sniper’s Hide. First…Thank you for your service, Jordan. There is a lot here. I’m sure you’ll find the info you are wanting soon here. Just make yourself at home. Check out the rules…probably most important soon and hopefully to run into you more in the future. 🤙

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Funny thing is I never really got to do much actual artillery work. My unit was already in Afghanistan when I was assigned, so a couple weeks after I graduated AIT (M119), I was in-country and was assigned to a maneuver battery instead of a fires battery.

I got to run around with a SAW kicking down doors instead. 6mos later I was back in the US recovering. Being on profile and MedBoarded, I couldn't train with everyone on a gun.

So yeah. Lol

Thanks for the share, hell of a thing blown and repair…it all counts, it all matters. Cool CMP M1…known and heard of no doubt, but again, self education…

Nice…

I envy your space, where I’m at I can fire practice pistol fine, steel/paper, but rifle another matter, still consider I’m blessed to be rurally oriented. 🤙

Funny thing is I never really got to do much actual artillery work. My unit was already in Afghanistan when I was assigned, so a couple weeks after I graduated AIT (M119), I was in-country and was assigned to a maneuver battery instead of a fires battery.

I got to run around with a SAW kicking down doors instead. 6mos later I was back in the US recovering. Being on profile and MedBoarded, I couldn't train with everyone on a gun.

So yeah. Lol

Who was your csm?

Who was your csm?
I don't remember his name. Lol. I remember the one when we had our CoC - Crandall.

4/10 BCT, 5/25 FA.

I'll have to ask some guys.

EDIT: I'm told it was Alderman. BN Commander was Chlebowski.

Last edited:
I don't remember his name. Lol. I remember the one when we had our CoC - Crandall.

4/10 BCT, 5/25 FA.

I'll have to ask some guys.

I knew it! ...crandall was my csm before going to 10th mtn.... guy was a tool so good thing you didn't have a whole lot of contact with him lol.

I was a m109 chief if in A bat 4-42FA 1bct 4id

RedLegs!

I knew it! ...crandall was my csm before going to 10th mtn.... guy was a tool so good thing you didn't have a whole lot of contact with him lol.

I was a m109 chief if in A bat 4-42FA 1bct 4id

RedLegs!
He had our 1SG chew me out because on Staff Duty, a Vietnamese woman came in asking for him and I told her he wasn't in and didn't know when he'd be back. Turns out it was his wife and she told him I was disrespectful to her.

Wtf??

He had our 1SG chew me out because on Staff Duty, a Vietnamese woman came in asking for him and I told her he wasn't in and didn't know when he'd be back. Turns out it was his wife and she told him I was disrespectful to her.

Wtf??

Yep sounds like him....surprised he didn't do it himself in front of the whole battalion.

I could tell you stories that would make you explode he was such a tool....

Yep sounds like him....surprised he didn't do it himself in front of the whole battalion.

I could tell you stories that would make you explode he was such a tool....
One of my Army buddies on FB says Crandall is the Survival Swimmer instructor over in Korea. lol

I'm across the state but you've got a fair amount of precision shooters down in Laramie/Cheyenne. Best way to hook up may be on Facebook groups but they are here as well. Search for Wyoming Long Range.

I'm across the state but you've got a fair amount of precision shooters down in Laramie/Cheyenne. Best way to hook up may be on Facebook groups but they are here as well. Search for Wyoming Long Range.
I'll be most likely making a move to Casper end of April, so Laramie is getting into that "too far away" zone. Same with Cheyenne. Which is a bummer, the Laramie one is a 1200yd I think I saw.