• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Helmet for coyote calling

Mncoyotehnter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2012
I need some help choosing a helmet with a thermal monocular to het to my spot safely in pitch black, dont want to spend a fortune but dont want bottom of tje line either, any suggestions, will also be used in extreme cold
Thanks

If your looking to navigate with the thermal I definitely recommend a 640 resolution unit. You could go with a patrol if your neck can handle that monster or you can get a skeet if your wallet can handle that. But with budget in mind and quality as well, the IRay is an obvious choice. Absolutely beautiful image, light weight and about a third of the cost of the skeet.

Message me for pictures, videos and hide pricing on these. I’d love to help you out.

thanks
Jay
Sure Shot NV

Reactions: Jgunner
I have a brand new Hard Head Veterans’s ballistic helmet if your interested. It’s a L/XL and I’ll make you a nice deal on it.

Reactions: Jgunner
For the helmet itself, I'd say look at Team Wendy (Yes, I am aware of the political flack there...). My SOLE reason for going with TW over the comparably priced OpsCore is that the OpsCore bump helmet uses a plastic, molded in shroud and the TW uses a Wilcox aluminum shroud. Personally, I was not willing to trust several thousand bucks in NV to a molded plastic shroud.

If you're willing to go to the carbon fiber helmets or even a ballistic, then the point of the shroud is moot, as both brands use Wilcox shrouds in those product lines.

I've been thinking about the Team Wendy LTP. Looks like probably the most comfortable helmet from what I can tell.

I've been thinking about the Team Wendy LTP. Looks like probably the most comfortable helmet from what I can tell.

That's what I have, and it's been really comfortable. I'm running mine with ANVIS-9s on a Wilcox mount, TW counterweight kit (I'm using the battery compartment on the Wilcox, not a rear battery pack), IR strobe up top, and a Priceton Tec Switch light on the side.