• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Helmet for the left-eye dominant and large headed gentleman?

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Looking for a helmet to mount a thermal on for coyote hunting. I'm left-eye dominant and have what the doctors call "a f*#king huge melon." I don't need ballistic protection but do want it to be stable and comfortable.

I've looked at the PGD-ARCH that @TheHorta praised, but they don't offer a left-eye dominant option. The Team Wendy EXFIL LTP would seem to fit the bill, but curious how people like them and what else is out there.

Thanks

What size melon is it, 8 or over? My wife wanted me to get a helmet for riding the bicycle and I had trouble. The guy at Trek told me to search for Asian Fit, no BS, that is what they called it in that market.

I have no knowledge in what you seek but I found these
Max 7 7/8 HERE <<< $$$
Up to 8 1/8 HERE <<<< $$$$ scroll down for reference to Left Eye optional equipment = More Money

Good Luck

Reactions: TacosGigante
Crye bump is pretty good and not too expensive.

If your head is truly huge, Revision makes a ballistic that is massive. They may have a bump helmet too that is the same, idk. Their harness system in the helmet is amazingly comfortable.

I have a Team Wendy Exfil.. Im a 7 3/4-8 helmet because my head is LONG from front to back. Team Wendy by far has the best suspension system in a helmet with all the padding/etc, that i've used. (6 different helmets so far in career). Its not cheap, but worth every penny

If you dont need ballistic, id get the bigger Team Wendy bump helmet. They have head sizing on their website, so you can measure that massive dome piece you have, and make sure it will fit

Reactions: Gunny Fitz
images

also works well to keep you hidden from government mind control .

I have a Team Wendy Exfil.. Im a 7 3/4-8 helmet because my head is LONG from front to back. Team Wendy by far has the best suspension system in a helmet with all the padding/etc, that i've used. (6 different helmets so far in career). Its not cheap, but worth every penny

If you dont need ballistic, id get the bigger Team Wendy bump helmet. They have head sizing on their website, so you can measure that massive dome piece you have, and make sure it will fit
Sadly they told me they don’t offer left-eye-dominant in their non-ballistic helmets.

Reactions: Gunny Fitz
I have a TW bump helmet (comes in only right eye Dom) and then ordered a left-eye Dom cam fit retention kit from them and bought some washers and "just long enough" bolts and retro fitted the new retention kit to the helmet.

The helmet's padding covers up the DIY nature of the project. I can't vouch for the long term robustness of this, but I have worn the helmet through a few classes and everything stays put, and there's no buckle between my cheek and stock.

If you don’t need ballistic coverage, Ops Core Carbon is the way to go. They have a superior suspension in comparison to TW for use with NODs and you can get amazing 4d pads. I have a big melon as well and run a XXL in the carbon and my FAST SF.

Code CLASKY will get you 20% off as well.