• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Helmet mounted ear-pro recommendation

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
Hi all,

I'm looking for hearing protection to mount on my helmet's ARC rails. I don't need comms, the thinner the cups the better, ideally won't spend more than $600 but am willing to pay a premium to have it come out of the box set up for the rails, rather than having to take a headset apart and use adapters.

Any recommendations?

Tagging in. Currently debating on getting rail adapters for my Sordins or just finding a set like you mentioned that are ready to mount from the box

I went budget on my first setup for my helmet. Took a pair or Howard Leight Impact sports that I had and bought a set of 3M arc adapters. ()

They bolted up nice and seem to be pretty solid, but the only con I can give is the wires connecting the 2 muffs together is too short for how I need to position the ear pro on my helmet, I can't figure out a way to route the wire to keep it out of the way but still have the ability to move the muffs out of the way when not in use.

Following this post for others setups as well to see how I can upgrade mine.

I went budget on my first setup for my helmet. Took a pair or Howard Leight Impact sports that I had and bought a set of 3M arc adapters. ()

They bolted up nice and seem to be pretty solid, but the only con I can give is the wires connecting the 2 muffs together is too short for how I need to position the ear pro on my helmet, I can't figure out a way to route the wire to keep it out of the way but still have the ability to move the muffs out of the way when not in use.

Following this post for others setups as well to see how I can upgrade mine.

I did the same thing with a pair of Walker razors, I ran the wire on the outside of the helmet, under the the helmet cover, on the back side where you would have a counter weight. Seems to be the only spot that doesn’t stretch the wires out.

Reactions: benson821