• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Helmet Mounted N-Vision Nox 18

Jsstalli

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2022
NC
What mounts do I need to put a Nox 18 on a Team Wendy Bump helmet? Just running a single optic. Is there more needed than the Wilcox G24?

you will need a dual dovetail bridge like the mod armory d14 or kac. i am not sure of a single j arm that accepts the male side of the dovetail shoe. i havent looked too hard though to know if something like that exists.

edit to add.... i see this with a little searching and i think something like this would work for you if you could find one with dual dovetail.

Last edited:
Do I need the dual if I’m o my running a single thermal monocular? Not running duals or a pvs 14. Sorry, I’m new to this game.

Mod Armory thermal j arm. You want the one with a dovetail socket and either a dovetail or bayonet depending on your g24. If you haven't got the g24 yet get the dovetail version. Later if you get a pvs14 you can get a Mod Armory d14 bridge to run dual band and the mini arm will clip into the thermal j arm as well if you want to run just the 14.

This is with a pvs14 but the nox would be the same.

20220404_100735.jpg

A knights jamr will work as well but I had one and wasn't impressed.

Reactions: MarinePMI
That should work. For mounting the nox you don't need any arms since it has it's own dovetail. You will need arms if you want to mount a pvs14. You can also get the other half of that later if you want dual band. In stock config the wilcox bridge doesn't line the nox and 14 up correctly but somebody figured out a way by reversing the arms or something.

Reactions: Killswitch Engage
So far I'm having issue finding the right mount when used with the Rhino II. The standard J arm doesn't go low enough. I got the mod armory j arm with the dovetail and it is way too low with all the mounts at their highest.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220720_151309.jpg
    20220720_151309.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220720_151451.jpg
    20220720_151451.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220720_151427.jpg
    20220720_151427.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 87
The bayonet style helmet mount pushes it down further. I have the dovetail version arm with dovetail conversion on my rhino2. I have 4d pads in a tw helmet that's a little on the big side for me. I just slap it right up to the stop like in my post above and it sits perfectly in front of my eye. Everybody's head is different so ymmv with the same setup.

20220720_175030.jpg

This is the dovetail socket for your rhino

See if Mod Armory will switch the arm out for the dovetail version. If they won't see if they will sell you this whole part....

20220720_183157.jpg

Or even just the dovetail itself. If yours is like mine there should be a screw underneath the top bolt that allows you to remove and swap the dovetail/bayonet.

20220720_183150.jpg

I haven't had any luck emailing Mod Armory but when I've called they always answer and have been very helpful with parts and pieces. I've heard lately they haven't been as accommodating. I little politeness probably goes a long way.

Reactions: scott5456
The bayonet style helmet mount pushes it down further. I have the dovetail version arm with dovetail conversion on my rhino2. I have 4d pads in a tw helmet that's a little on the big side for me. I just slap it right up to the stop like in my post above and it sits perfectly in front of my eye. Everybody's head is different so ymmv with the same setup.

View attachment 7916325

This is the dovetail socket for your rhino

See if Mod Armory will switch the arm out for the dovetail version. If they won't see if they will sell you this whole part....

View attachment 7916327

Or even just the dovetail itself. If yours is like mine there should be a screw underneath the top bolt that allows you to remove and swap the dovetail/bayonet.

View attachment 7916329

I haven't had any luck emailing Mod Armory but when I've called they always answer and have been very helpful with parts and pieces. I've heard lately they haven't been as accommodating. I little politeness probably goes a long way.
Very helpful and it confirms what I thought was going on. I was trying to avoid buying the dovetail adapter, but I need the Nox to be in the right place more....

Got my Nox 18 mounted on helmet using G24 and Wilcox half bridge pictured above, optic is sitting too low and close to eye and ran out of adjustment going up and out. Will the mod armory j arm fix this issue?

Got my Nox 18 mounted on helmet using G24 and Wilcox half bridge pictured above, optic is sitting too low and close to eye and ran out of adjustment going up and out. Will the mod armory j arm fix this issue?

I have the same issue. It is a bit low but I am dealing with it. Might be able to use 4D Pads to move the helmet up a bit. Team wendy bump helmet, Rhino II, Mod J Arm Bayonet converted to Dovetail got me closer.

Last edited:
Is your g24 bayonet style?

I'm not familiar with wilcox stuff but the Mod Armory d14 bridge actually sits a little higher than the thermal jarm so switching that part probably won't help. You need to look at your setup as a whole and figure out where the problem is. The nox is the same drop as a pvs14 with shoes or mini arms and thus very common height so something is screwy.

It might be a single thing or several stacking. That's why you see us listing out our helmets, pads, mount types etc. It will be easier for people to answer if you provide more info and preferably pics. For instance mine.

Tw bump
4d pads
Rhino2 (dovetail conversion)
Mod Armory thermal jarm or d14 bridge.
Pretty normal sized head I think.(if you have a threehead it might be tough)

TW bump
Standard pads that came in it
Wilcox G24 dovetail
Wilcox half bridge assembly(pic below)
Normal size head I assume

Attachments

• FF505ED7-DBB9-45FA-9A41-001E54D81288.jpeg
    FF505ED7-DBB9-45FA-9A41-001E54D81288.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 55
Ended up swapping dovetail on thermal to opposite side where weapon mount was and rotating it, also flipped the dovetail mount on half bridge to accommodate and this gave me much better eye relief and lining up.

The 4d pads should raise things a bit but I didn't run the stock pads much so I don't remember how much difference there was. Looks like the wilcox dovetail socket has a little more drop than a d14. I'd say a combination of those 2 is why your setup sits a little lower than mine.

20220730_114358.jpg

When you say you flipped the dovetail mount do you mean the one on top the bridge or the socket the nox dovetail clicks into? I think flipping the socket is what some guy did to make the nox line up with a 14.

The 4d pads should raise things a bit but I didn't run the stock pads much so I don't remember how much difference there was. Looks like the wilcox dovetail socket has a little more drop than a d14. I'd say a combination of those 2 is why your setup sits a little lower than mine.

View attachment 7922882

When you say you flipped the dovetail mount do you mean the one on top the bridge or the socket the nox dovetail clicks into? I think flipping the socket is what some guy did to make the nox line up with a 14.
I flipped the dovetail from top of Nox to bottom side as well as turned it 180° to give me more room, took qd mount off, then flipped the half bridge mount around to accept new position on thermal, it slides in from the back instead of front.

Reactions: GreenMushroom