• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing HELP ! 308 wont cycle bullets New Gun !!!

haywire05

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2009
calgary alberta canada
Just bought my first long range gun from a supose to be reputable person . The clip locks in but the bullets wont cylce out of the clip into the chamber . Any suggestions ? Contacted the builder and he said " worked when it left here " . Which is crap just got it and went to shoot it . Really pissed off . Have pics of what i think might be wrong .
c3a1clipmount2.jpg

Is there suppose to be a gap between the metal pieces. The bolt wont pick up any rounds . When I cycle the bolt the bullet is a good 1/16 below the bolt .
c3a1clipmount.jpg

Re: HELP ! 308 wont cycle bullets New Gun !!!

It may not be what you want to hear. This would be an easy enough problem to correct and you will probably get all the help in the world on this forum without a doubt. If you just bought it,the best advice I can give you is to go straight back to the guy you bought it from because if you make any attempt to sort it yourself and it dosent work out,well then hes got you.

the action is a parker hale with a factory bottom metal and trigger . 25.5" rock creek barrel in 1in 10 twist . Trigger set to 2lbs. us optics t-pal 3.2x-17x in milradiance . this is suppose to be a recreation of a c3a1 canadian sniper rifle .
misciphone062.jpg

I have to say it does shot very accurate feeding single . But that is not what I bought it for going to be my coyote gun . Best group today was a 2.7" @ 600m . Just want this gun to cycle . There well be NO help from the supplier at all . Apparently custom gun is bought as is . wtf?

It looks to me like the ammo is too long and is dragging on the front of the magazine.

Load it shorter.