• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help a newbie - BDL floorplate to Bottom metal for magazines?

heathtx

I Hit some, I miss some
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
I have a Manners stock on my rifle, did not know any better and ordered it for a BDL floorplate. Now I want a bottom metal I can use with Magazines (5 and 10 shot).

Ideally, I would like a drop in bottom metal, but I can file and fit the bottom metal is I know what to look for.

Surgeon 591 SA in 6.5X47 Lapua. My Manners stock has a MCS-BDL Mini Chassis from the factory. I can order a new stock if I need to, just trying to learn the right way.......

What should I do?

Here is a somewhat similar discussion:

You can call up Manners and tell them your situation. It’s very likely that they can change the inlet and install a bottom metal for you. It’s what I would do if in your situation.

Some of your decision rest with "how good of a mechanic / craftsman are you?"..... If you send it out and have other's do the work... You will gain no experience. Basically what you are looking at is mechanical with a bit of craftsmanship. If you send it out and one day you have a feed issue then you have no knowledge of how it went together. If you do the work yourself and you have a feed issue, you will know how you got to that point... At this point it depends on how much confidence you have in yourself.

I agree with lash. First call up manners. If you had a pillar bedded manners stock, it would be straightforward to open it up for M5 bottom metal. The bdl mini chassis is a different beast.

I called Manners yesterday and they said they can reinlet the stock for $360......

• Wow
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Dang.

Might be better off to sell and buy a new one.

Trying to “re-engineer” and then make their mini chassis to a DBM sounds like a plan for much cerebral discomfort.

ETA: or keep that one for another build, say hunting rifle, and drop your current rifle into another MCS with DBM or a chassis.
Always plan on another rifle. 😁

Reactions: lash
Contact Chad at LRI. He can definitely help you out

HS Precision makes a bdl detachable magazine system.