• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help a Newbie in SC

bribassguy

PRS Shooter -
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Central PA
Hey guys,

I am new to precision shooting and was wondering about a mentor in the area that I could learn fundamentals from. I am located just outside of Columbia and would be willing to meet up within a 100 miles or so.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Help a Newbie in SC

Also, I am not sure if this is in the right section so Mods feel free to move and PM me.

There's a Sniper Golf tournament in Maxton, NC (just across the state line) on March 17th. I'm sure there will be some experienced guys there that you could meet and talk with.

I've talked a little bit with Kyle - SC308 about the sniper golf. I may try to make it down that weekend.

I am shooting an Armaite AR-10 I got from another hife member topped with a Bushnell Mil/Mil scope.

https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr...920#Post3135920

I have 200 Rounds "Gas Gun" rounds I bought from Josh - PinkGunsRSilly @ Cooper Creek Ammo and some cheaper 148G reloads.

Right now I usually shoot at the SCDNR ranges but I am looking at maybe joining Mid Carolina or trying to hook up with someone that has a private range to shoot longer than 100y.

Also, if you are looking for training there are two guys that run events and classes here in NC that I I've worked with and I feel offer a ton of experience and don't charge an arm and a leg: Sean Little (Vapor trail tactical) and John Boyette (Trace Armory).

I am 30 mins from Maxton. I would love to join you. I don't shoot nearly as much as I would like too. Wish there was a range locally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribassguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've talked a little bit with Kyle - SC308 about the sniper golf. I may try to make it down that weekend.

I am shooting an Armaite AR-10 I got from another hife member topped with a Bushnell Mil/Mil scope.

https://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr...920#Post3135920

I have 200 Rounds "Gas Gun" rounds I bought from Josh - PinkGunsRSilly @ Cooper Creek Ammo and some cheaper 148G reloads.

Right now I usually shoot at the SCDNR ranges but I am looking at maybe joining Mid Carolina or trying to hook up with someone that has a private range to shoot longer than 100y.
</div></div>

I will be at sniper golf. Ill try to link up with you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a Sniper Golf tournament in Maxton, NC (just across the state line) on March 17th. I'm sure there will be some experienced guys there that you could meet and talk with. </div></div>

Is that where you pick someone off at 800 meters with a 9 iron?