• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help choosing a scope.

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Don't want to get into a "which scope is better" discussion, just looking for factual information. I haven't purchased a scope in a few years and I'm in the market for a new scope for an M14 that I will shoot out to 1000 yards. It used to wear a Schmidt & Bender 3-12 but no longer. My other scopes have been Schmidts as well and the intent was to top it off with a Schmidt 3-20 to stay consistent with my gear for familiarity reasons.

The conundrum I'm at is that the market has become more competitive in the last few years and Leupold for one has certainly caught my eye with their Mark 6 3-18. I could probably save myself a grand by going with the Leupold but by no means do I want to sell myself short. Subtracting weight and saving money is a good thing unless the end result to the user is an inferior product based on what I'm used to.

Any thoughts on this?

Leupold has stepped up their game with their new scope lines. There are a few great threads here that review the Mk6 so I would check those out. The Mk6 was a top contender for a long time for my scope choise but decided on the Nightforce BEAST. Nightforce is another great company to look into.

I agree the leupold is a damn good scope have you thought about a bushnell elite 3.5-21x 50 the new ers with z-locks it's a tank

I agree the leupold is a damn good scope have you thought about a bushnell elite 3.5-21x 50 the new ers with z-locks it's a tank

I bought the Bushnell Elite FFP G2DMR 3-5-21X5O after being a Nightforce guy and except for it being non illuminated I like it better than my Leupold Mk 6 whose pinch to turn turrets I do not care for.