• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help choosing Base and Rings

AdamPini

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2009
Florida
I have a Savage 10 fcp-k in .308 and I recently got a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 Mil. Dot Ret. I was wondering what rings and what base you guys would suggest. The rilfe is going to be shot at 100 and build up my skills to shoot at 600+

Re: Help choosing Base and Rings

Just to beat everyone to it....This is a subject that has been beaten to death, but.....I will help anyway.

Bases and rings are like the scope you bought. It all depends what money you wanna spent. EGW, Warne, Leupold, Nightforce, USO, and Badger are just to name a few.
As far as brand goes that is subjectional. They all make good pieces, everone has their own preference.
Recomandations? Pick a base that is picatinny, with at least a 20MOA slope. That would let you work from 100-1000 yds. I good sturdy set of rings. Brand, style, use, and price are again, personal preference. Make sure they are the same mounting style as you base. Hope this helped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to beat everyone to it....This is a subject that has been beaten to death, but.....I will help anyway.

Bases and rings are like the scope you bought. It all depends what money you wanna spent. EGW, Warne, Leupold, Nightforce, USO, and Badger are just to name a few.
As far as brand goes that is subjectional. They all make good pieces, everone has their own preference.
Recomandations? Pick a base that is picatinny, with at least a 20MOA slope. That would let you work from 100-1000 yds. I good sturdy set of rings. Brand, style, use, and price are again, personal preference. Make sure they are the same mounting style as you base. Hope this helped. </div></div>

I agree 100%. The key things here are to get a 1 piece, 20 MOA base as mentioned and a decent set of rings from one of the manufacturers mentioned.

Name not mentioned but loved by lots on here is Seekins rings. Glen will take care of people quick with a very good product for a great price.

There are so many decent manufacturers they all cant be remembered. Also, I hear good stuff about the burris xtr rings.