• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help choosing correct mighty armory 223 die

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Can anyone help me choose the proper mighty armory die? Ideally measure sized brass with the Hornady headspace comparator set. Want to try one out but want to make sure it’s not going to over or under bump the shoulder. I do have the Redding comp shell holder set to make adjustments as needed.

Going to use it for a lilja barreled AR and a tikka with PVA barrel

Your shell holders will more often than not complicate the matter more than help.

Also, if you want a Mighty Armory 223 die it's a fine choice. I like them a lot. They are my current go to brand, especially because of the decapping assembly. I like Forster as well.

That said, after checking their website they offer an altered head space die. Unless you are shooting a gun with a very very specific and a very very tight tolerance just go with the standard one.

Reactions: Baron85
Gold match, regular HS. Can always take a few k off the shellholder if you need to.

Reactions: Baron85
Good point. Didn’t think about taking some off the shell holder. Just hate to have too much HS.

Good point. Didn’t think about taking some off the shell holder. Just hate to have too much HS.
Too little bump is why you would want the -005.

I usually take 3-4k off my MA dies to run them cleaner in a dillon. It still gets teh base plenty, unless you're using SH special hot standard loads.