• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help choosing optic.

locotrician

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2008
North east, united states
Scope will go on a custom lr308 chambered in 260 rem. 24 inch heavy barrel. Dedicated long range rig. Budget around 1200 not including mount. No intrest in the vortex Pst. I dont mind buying used.narrowed down to . Please soecify your reasoning for what you choose.

1. leupold vx6 4-24×52

2. Ziess HD5 5-25x50

3. Bushnell DMR. 3-21x54

4. Sightron siii 6-24x50

5. Nightforce nxs 5-22x56 (used)
-have 3 of these , good scopes, looking for something different i think this time around.

6. Other ( reccomedations appreciated and will be looked at but fairly certian it will be one of these)

Last edited:
Bushnell!! I shot the prs season this year using a hdmr over 6000 rds the scope is solid tracks wonderfull works flawlessly glass gets a little hazzy past 1000 yard is my only complaint but is Hands down a solid scope...

The Zeiss and Vx6 both have great glass, but quite a bit different than the Bushy and SIII. Have you made up your mind if you want FFP or SFP? Or mil/mil moa/moa? Either way is fine, but your decisions there will help narrow down which one you'll take home.

If I was spending around $1200, I'd personally be deciding between the SS 5-20x50, Bushnell DMR 3.5-21x50, Sightron SIII FFP 6-24x50, and maybe the new Burris 4-20x50 FFP. I'd grab the Bushy for the G2 reticle or the SS for the glass and 10 mil turrets. 34mm tube on the Bushy, 30mm on the others.

I have both moa and mil setups, i really have no preference. My only issue with ffp is that some reticles are way too thick and there is no where close to me that im aware of to look through them fist hand to decide. I like ffp if the recticle lines are thin enough.

Got the Bushnell dmr. Having used it much but so far seems to track well andglass is good for the money. A friend is putting one on a 260 too. Out of all those I shoot with I think everyone has at least one of

I've got several Zeiss and just picked up a Sightron III and I think the SIII glass is a bit better.

Picking up a NF in the next couple months and I'm anxious to compare them too.

Added nightforce to the mix.

A used NXS 3.5-15x or 5.5-22x would be great if you found one at a good price with the reticle you want. The new SHV 4-14x56 sounds really promising so far too, from the few reports I've read. I'm looking forward to grabbing one one with the MOAR reticle at some point this spring and putting it through its paces.