• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Choosing Scopes - Canada

bdl3w1s

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2022
Ontario
I've been doing a lot of reading and research lately about scopes for my first long range build. Unfortunately here in Canada we get hosed on scope prices compared to the US folks.

Anyways, I had narrowed my choices down to

• Viper PST Gen 2 5x25
• Athalon Ares BTR or ETR In similar magnification.

I'm trying to make my budget go a bit further by finding used. The 2 scopes mentioned above are typically selling around $1200-1400 used CAD.

I've recently started looking at Bushnel Elite Tactical stuff as well. They appear to be higher quality/more expensive than the 2 mentioned above. But I seem to find better deals on them used.

For example, I've recently come across a BUSHNELL: Elite Tactical LRTS, 4.5-18x44 in the same price range (around $1200). My concern however, the LRTS are discontinued and not the latest stuff by Bushnell. Are there other comparable Bushnell scopes I should look at? I am thinking that with all the Hype and Demand for the Viper PST Gen 2, they are holding their values better on the used market. Maybe I can find a better deal on a better or comparable Bushnell scope.

What do y'all think?

I'm looking for mrad. Putting it on a Tikka T3x 308. Mainly doing recreational target shooting. Will be used for hunting occasionally, but not primary use. I'm trying to stick to $1000-$1200 CAD. I'm trying to buy the best I can afford as I've read it is important not to skimp on glass.