• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help deciding

anthony1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2010
ohio, sw
I was pretty set on doing a 30-06 build off a stevens 200, 1 reason was because i could get a brand new one for 269$. well i hesitated to get the gun at that price because i was told i would be able to order it at anytime in the near future for the same price. Well now its 349$ befor tax and the cheapest i can find it online is at buds guns for 317$ but id still have to have it shipped and pay the liscense fee to whoever i have it shipped to.

I figure the rifle will not be much fun to shoot in 30-06 as a regular stevens 200 sporter rifle, it will kick a little to much for my taste. So id have to change the stock for one. The triggers in these things suck too so id have to change that. Id more than likely get a new barrel for it too. id figure all that will cost atleast another 600 probably more.

I was at dicks sporting goods and seen a rem700 varmint with heavy barrel and adjustable trigger and camo stock and some crap scopre that comes with it for 449$. The problem is i was really looking for to the 30-06 caliber for a multitude of reasons. That will not be an option with this rifle, but, i prolly wouldnt have to do much to it other than change the stock maybe, so i would be saving$. however, i dont really know anything about this rifle.

Does anyone have any info on this rifle i dont know what model it is it doesnt say but its a rem700 varmint with heavt barrel and adjustable trigger with camo stock. Hows the adjustable trigger? is the barrel quality?