• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help designing match belt rig

The_Hoff

Team Swampkatz
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2010
NH, former New Orleans LA
alright with my next match approaching fast: I am reloading my ammo, adjusting my load, getting gear, and practicing, to get ready. while going through the pics from my last match I remembered how unorganized and cluttered my gear was (all just thrown in a civilian backpack). So I think it is time I build my "Match kit"

I plan on having a pack in my truck with gear not needed durring the match but nice to have on site. For durring the match I was looking at belt and vest rigs. I really liked the SoTECH vests as well as thee grand river tactical vests. However due to costs of reloads and other gear I am VERY limited on budget, so I want to setup an inexpensive TEMPORARY belt rig. Any Ideas? trying to keep it to 100$ max.

I was thinking of using molle and alice pouches and rigging but wasn't sure.

Re: help designing match belt rig

Here is the rig that I'm running. It consists of the ATS War Belt, inside of the War Belt is an Eagle Brand pistol belt. On the right side are two Triad AI mag shingles. On the left side are four 9mm pistol shingles. On the back of the belt I have mounted two SAW ammo pouches to cary my Kestrel, Leica laser, spare rifle and pistol ammo, bottle of water, dope book. It's a pretty easy kit to put together for about $100.00 or so....

http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-2603

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Double-10-Round-AI-Short-Action-Magazine-Pouch.html

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-Double-10-Round-AI-Short-Action-Magazine-Pouch.html

http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-6010

Blue Force Gear padded belt is what I use. You will love it.

I just made one with a Blackhawk Molle belt and an assortment of Tactical tailor pouches. I also got an Emdom suspenders set. I can carry my LRF, 40 rounds of ammo in 20 round cards (TT flashbang pouch holds one perfectly), my kestrel, 2 AICS mags in TT pouches, a Maxpedition roly-poly dump pouch, and an admin pouch with small tool kit and mildot master. The pouches were the most expensive part but LApolicegear.com had a 15% off code when I got them. Works great and I can still wear a pack if I need more

MDShooter has a nice setup, all SOTech I beleave, search Rob01 posts he runs a SOTech Belt, Todd(Tman300WM) which he listed is also a great setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MDShooter has a nice setup, all SOTech I beleave, search Rob01 posts he runs a SOTech Belt, Todd(Tman300WM) which he listed is also a great setup. </div></div>

I run a SOTech padded belt as a base. On it I run between 2 and 4 SOTech AI Mag Shingles depending on the match and which rifle I am shooting. These are towards the front on either side of the midline. Behind my left hip I run a Maxpedition medium dump pouch. In the center of the back is a kestrel pouch (dont recall maker). Behind my right hip is a Maxpedition Med Pouch. It has a nice full zipper, fold down design and holds a pen, small notebook, an iTouch, and some small med items if I am away from my big bag. I have a quick detachable left leg shingle which I use to balance and secure the load. It usually has a pouch for my Leica CRF and pistol mag shingles. I can quickly remove this to shed weight for matches where it is not needed. My pistol is on a heavily modified drop leg rig (combination of blackhawk serpa and safariland 6004).

I have found this comfortable enough to wear all day, balanced in its weight distribution, and functional. As to placement of everything, you will have to experiment with this yourself. I moved everything around many times during classes/training after small problems were found. You can do much of this at home dry firing. Make sure you can get comfortable in many positions. Make sure you can reach at least one magazine for each weapon from prone and other compromised positions. Make sure you have easy (blind) access to your dump pouch if you choose to have one (you should). Dont try to put too much stuff on it. It will get heavy pretty fast.

I will dig through some of the match pics and see if I can find a good representative picture of the load out.

Sean