• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP!!! Did I get a lemon???

razerok1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2011
Well, I recently purchased a weaver tac FFP 3-15 . I received the scope today, I mounted it and took it out to the range scope was clear and functioned flawlessly...

however when I got home and really started inspecting the scope I realized that the scope had what appeared to be lint inside the objective lens so after shining a flashlight through the scope I could see that the inside of the ocular and objective lens looked like they had been wiped with a dirty cloth and had a milky residue.

This is the most expensive scope i have ever purchased I'm not sure if slight imperfections inside the scope are normal or not so I just wanted to ask before I contacted the company I purchased it from for a return/ exchange.

0581c735.jpg

small artifact suck on the inside of the objective lens
6a3b7a22.jpg

dfbe61a2.jpg

dde7a979.jpg

Re: HELP!!! Did I get a lemon???

If thats what it is send it back. I would'nt want shit on the inside of my glass if i just purchased a new scope. I am sure you will be taken care of.

I just want to make sure that i got a lemon before i do anything.

Where did u order it from? Weaver or the cheapest one you could find on ebay

Shouldn't be there send it back *if purchased from store check to see if they'll swap it first, then try weaver* . Try looking through in reverse should be able to see it then as well.
I had that happen with a pair of Stiener bino's once. They fixed and replaced no problem.
Good luck
260 CHILL out at least the OP is makin an effort to improve Weaver isn't USO/SB/NF etc but not everyone can swing the cost of glass like that.

I would say that scope is not new and looks pretty used. You may be the victim of someone else returning a used item under the pretense of a "new" return and the store simply put it back in stock without examining it. I would definitely contact the store and get that scope on the way back.

Looks like and Ah-choooo while it was being put together,LOL. Gotta be what that milky substance is. Good thing the person had a kleenex to wipe that lens off aye.

Yeah Send it back.

thanks for the responses guys. I spoke with weaver and they suggested that the scope may have been returned and put back into inventory as new.... I was assured that they are assembled in a sterile environment and should not have anything inside the lenses and I should return it with the company I purchased it from. so thats what I'm going to do.

.260 I picked it up from one of the forum vendors.