• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Help find my old rifle i sold

sixpack340

Thrower of angry avocados
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
york, pa
Not sure where my old post went, but I'm still looking for my old rifle I sold back on the old hide. I was in a bad spot financially at the time and needed the cash, so I sold my favorite rifle I've ever owned. I sold it to a local guy and former member on here ONEDAYER. Pat was an exceptional guy and a couple months after I sold it to him, I asked him to let me know if he'd ever sell it and to let me know. Well Pat being the genuine guy he is, gave it back to me free of charge as a thank you for serving. Which is still crazy to me as I certainly dont feel worthy of that kind of treatment. Fast forward a year or two later and bad luck fell on my family hard and I was forced to sell once again. In between that time pat(ONEDAYER) had sadly passed away. I hated myself and still do for ever selling it again but I needed to take care of my family members health first. So as you can assume, I'm desperately trying to find it again now and this time itll never leave my hands again. Specs on my missing girl are:

Rem 700
Trued/barreled by 2112 in the Corps
308 bartlein mtu barrel
Badger knob
Tubb speedlock and bolt bushing
McMillan desert tan A5 stock
BA cerakoted fde
Badger dbm
Huber trigger
Badger 30mm USMC rings
USO st10 scope that had faint remnants of fde krylon, that was removed, in the knurling, otherwise it was black.

I know this is a needle in a hay stack operation, but this rifle has a world of sentimental value to me. I really want to get it back for that reason. I sold it a couple years ago on the old hide and all my old PMs from that time were lost when this site went to scout and then left scout. I've looked in all my old emails to no avail. I believe it went to midwest somewhere. Ohio or Indiana possibly. I cant recall. I dont recall if I was paid through PP or USPS money orders or what it was.

If you have my old girl and you're reading this, I'd love to strike a deal with you and talk about the rifle. Even if you dont wanna sell it, which you'd have every right obviously, I'd still love to exchange contact info so if you do decide to sell one day, I can have first dibs.

Again, this is an extremely sentimental rifle to me and I'll never stop looking for it until it's back home with me. Thanks gents

PM me or text anytime day or night 717-870-40two5
Chris

Last edited:
with the serial number (assuming you remember it), could an FFL track the transfers of it possibly?

If you got paid by money orders your old bank statements may have the buyers info
My bank statents have photocopies of my checks. Just a thought

Reactions: atombomb
Have you asked the mods such as @Tucker301 to see if they have records of any Hide-based correspondence (pm’s etc) between you and the buyer for the most recent sale?

Shot in the dark but worth trying if not yet done so.

Reactions: sixpack340
If you got paid by money orders your old bank statements may have the buyers info
My bank statents have photocopies of my checks. Just a thought

No longer use that bank as they went out of business and changed hands a few times since then.

with the serial number (assuming you remember it), could an FFL track the transfers of it possibly?
No. That stuff doesn't go into a database. It's just a form in a file cabinet somewhere unless it shows up in a criminal investigation somewhere. Then they start at the manufacturer and work their way down the line. The search would end right where we are today.
I'll see what I can find, but it's going to be a Google search.

No. That stuff doesn't go into a database. It's just a form in a file cabinet somewhere unless it shows up in a criminal investigation somewhere. Then they start at the manufacturer and work their way down the line. The search would end right where we are today.
I'll see what I can find, but it's going to be a Google search.

I appreciate any help bud. I've googled every way I can think of and no luck

That may have happened when we were on Scout.
Looking at the break in your posts, that seems most likely.
In that case I don't think it's going to be found.

Reactions: powell
lol Gotta do what you gotta do.

Any chance the FFL your transferred to might know the guy? Most of us use a shop we are friendly with.

I most likely shipped it myself and I have no clue what ffl it went to anymore. I'm not even positive of the state the buyer lived in.

How did the buyer pay you??
PP F&F?
If so you could pull up the deposit history or call PP to have them pull up the older deposit history.

Man that's rough! Dude gave it back to you for free and you had to sell it again? I believe I would have given up a kidney first.

Yeah, life handed me a few throat punches in that time between a divorce, serious illness in my family that needed major financial help and so on. Trust me, I hate myself for not figuring out a way to keep it at the time. It was a rush decision to get fast cash

Good luck with finding that ole girl. Am going through some tough times this week myself, and can totally understand.

Good luck finding your rifle man. As you already know, building one like it is not the answer. Weapons and cars that are special to you have their own unique soul. At least to me they do.......almost like a living thing. Hard to explain to most people but Neil Young and his slide player do a pretty damn good job. Anyway, best of luck getting her back.

Last edited:
I've been silently following this since you posted. I hope something turns up soon, but I have this feeling one day I will look and see a "I found it" update. Free Sunday bump!