• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help finding quality 6.5 CM barrel for AR

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
Can anyone tell me who currently makes 6.5 CM barrels for AR's?

I've looked for Noveske, White Oak, Criterion and Rainier. None of them offer it and some used to. I think JP has one, any others? If I am missing any of those or if anyone knows who makes a quality 6.5 Creeedmoor barrel let me know. Definitely like to hear from people with first hand experience with some of them also.

DUDE! Lilja. It ROCKS!

5/8" at 200 yards. I got pictures to back it up!

n2zbwn.jpg

bdws91.jpg

adn3ap.jpg

The last picture is the box of targets we were shooting at. The second from the right is 5 shots, not 4, of 6.5 creedmoor at 200 yards. It measured out at 5/8 inch. The other groups humble me. I'm working on my skills. Kids ran into a nice rattler too. Love rattlers. They actually warn my kids to stay back!

2gwcax0.jpg
We tried not to disturb him too much and just stayed out of his/her area. Beauty.

Love my Lilja. It shoots better than me.

Thanks for the comments so far guys. Nice group Toast. Glad the kids didn't get any closer to that one man, cool picture though.

I will check out some of the ones mentioned, still want to hear from anyone else with a custom 6.5 CM setup. Going to convert this barrel to work on my MWS, just need a great barrel to start with.

When I tried to check options on the FA site for the Kreiger it wouldn't allow me to select a finish or put it in the cart. Might give them a call after looking a little more.

Is $600 normal for a Krieger AR/DPMS style barrel?

Going to convert this barrel to work on my MWS, just need a great barrel to start with.

Who is doing the conversion for you? May I ask the projected cost? That interest me.

I have a upper that will fit my MWS on order. I had planned on building it into a 6.5CM set up. Was most likely going to use JP for barrel and BCG.

You should make a post about it when you get it done.

I have messages and emails out to a few smiths about it. Building it the way you are should result in a lighter gun than with the sleeve needed for the switch barrel conversion. I'd like to just be able to change the barrels and stick with the "M" idea if the gun but we'll see. Not sure on total cost yet

Most semi custom barrels run about that 600-700. If you go with a full custom barrel figure a blank is 340-370 , extension is 60-75 and then chamber and profile work is 2-300. Add another 100-150 if you want a custom chamber and more if you want fancy fluting or dimples and MELONITE

When I tried to check options on the FA site for the Kreiger it wouldn't allow me to select a finish or put it in the cart. Might give them a call after looking a little more.

Is $600 normal for a Krieger AR/DPMS style barrel?

Adco does the MWS conversions. Also LMT is selling 6.5 factory barrels that you can just get re-profiled to be a bit lighter.

I have messages and emails out to a few smiths about it. Building it the way you are should result in a lighter gun than with the sleeve needed for the switch barrel conversion. I'd like to just be able to change the barrels and stick with the "M" idea if the gun but we'll see. Not sure on total cost yet

I read recently that a guy ordered a 6.5CM barrel from LMT and it was a 1/8 twist. My 6.5cm barrel is a 2013 production and is a 1/9 twist

I saw that also, I had to read through all 49 pages of the MWS thread once I knew I could finally get one. I've messaged them twice in the last two weeks with a couple of questions and that was one of them. Haven't heard back. Going to call when I can, always at work during business hours though.