• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help from a Zermatt action owner please

TommyD11730

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
Hey guys I have a favor to ask a Origin action owner. Could you please measure your Bolt lift with a trigger gage.

I have a factory action and with my arthritis could benefit from a lighter lift.

Thanks guys

I don't have a trigger gauge to measure, sorry. But I will say when my Origin was new that it had a very stiff bolt.

Has taken a lot of elbow grease to wear in

Reactions: TommyD11730
About 5-5.5 lbs (uncocked). A larger bolt knob may give you more leverage for a lighter bolt lift.

longer bolt knob, and have them Time the trigger for you ( you can send this in and they will time it for free) to reduce weight.

About 5-5.5 lbs (uncocked). A larger bolt knob may give you more leverage for a lighter bolt lift.
Ugh.... that's over a lb heavier then my factory action. Granted it has a long a$$ knob on it.

longer bolt knob, and have them Time the trigger for you ( you can send this in and they will time it for free) to reduce weight.
Yes, I'm to understand the same, regarding trigger timing. However they have said the Tl3 will always have a easier lift then the Origin. Do you happen to know if you can use a trigger that has a bolt release built in?

Mine's had a TT since new and was very stiff. Still has a pretty stiff close. I should really send to Zermatt to have them time it

You can remove the bolt release by taking the screw out of the side of the trigger housing. As an new action, I've ever touched...they need broken in before you will ever get the full potential. One that is cycled 2k times, is going to run more smoothly than a brand new action. That said, they break in nicely. I have a few of them and the difference between the new on and the one I have 2500 rounds on is very noticeable. Dry fire practice is your friend :)

Mine with a TT Primary opens at a smooth 5lbs. And as many have said you can remove the bolt release from a TT...have done it on several of mine.

My Origin is just under 3lbs best I can measure. That's with a Triggertech Special set at 1lb-3oz and Zermatt's tactical bolt knob. The action is decently broke in. Probably 1200 rds live fire, thousands of dry fire.

It's got quite a bit to do with it. How the trigger times with the action, trigger weight, etc. As an example, I had a Timney Calvin Elite on my action until about 3 months ago, a trigger which I understand does not time very well with the origin, and the bolt lift is substantially lighter with the TT.

Send in your action and trigger to be timed. It does make a difference.

I would think that the firing pin spring strength and the angle of the cocking ramp couple with bolt handle length and swing are the factors that effect bolt opening. If you are fighting your trigger on bolt opening, something is binding and needs investigated. Depending on what it defined as "timing".......cutting the cockingpiece back to meet the trigger sear just as the bolt lugs clear the bolt lug lead-in ramps.....helps bolt close effort. This avoids fighting firing pin spring pressure while the bolt lugs are still riding the ramps to the lug seats.

Ern

Reactions: spife7980