• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Help!!! Gen 4 Glock 22 that DOES NOT LIKE .40 S&W Magazines!!!

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
Hi guys, need some help with a Glock Problem.

I've recently purchased a Gen 4 Glock 22 in .40 S&W and also got a Lone Wolf .40-9 conversion barrel for it. After taking it to the range yesterday I found out for some Strange Reason it does not like the factory .40 S&W Magazines.

There's a trangler edge on the Slide Lock that is being pushed up by the follower when the gun is empty to lock open slide. However on my gun when I use the factory .40 Magazines the follower would push pass that edge and get STUCK in the Gun. I have to literally Pull Hard to get it to come out everytime when it's empty.

I tried the Factory 9mm magazines and it's working just fine and the Slide/Follower Contact is perfect everytime and magazine falls free with open or closed slide.

I have 10 Factory .40 mags and this happens with all of the .40 mags yet works with all 7 of my 9mm mags.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening??? Does anybody make a after market Slide Stop/Release that has a extented edge for the follower to push on? This is a very annoying and bothersome problem to have especially when the gun is built for the .40 S&W from the Factory form.

Thanks for the help and input guys!

Can you post some pics?

Yes sir, here you go. The first picture is with a Factory .40 Mag and the Second Picture is with a factory 9mm Mag.

When I use the .40 Mag there's barely any contact between the follower and the slide stop. And as soon as I press the mag release it'll move pass the stop. But when I use the 9mm Mag it has plenty of contact and no problems at all. This is very annoying...

dp7kw4.jpg

9ixpat.jpg

I would say you have bad followers in your .40 mags. Here are pics of my gen4 Glock 35 (same frame as a 22). This was one of the first gen 4 Glock 35's and I know they had mag issues at first. Looks like you might have got a bad lot of mags.
y3anuvyz.jpg
zapugepy.jpg