• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help getting started

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
Would y’all mind helping with a multi part question. I’m shooting a mostly stock 10/22. Had some great groups (sub 3/4 inch) at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity. First question, BC for CCI SV, does .11 seem right? Next question. Barrel twist for stock barrel Ruger. Quick search says 1-16. Third question pertains to using Hornady 4dof. When I input a velocity of 1070 and a barrel twist of 1-16 I get a crazy come up for 100 yards. If I use a barrel twist of 1-7 I get a much more reasonable come up. And last with 22lr is it possible to use a calculator or do you just measure your groups every 25 yards and save that info. Thanks.

Would y’all mind helping with a multi part question. I’m shooting a mostly stock 10/22. Had some great groups (sub 3/4 inch) at 50 yards with CCI standard velocity. First question, BC for CCI SV, does .11 seem right?

This link should be of some help (assuming you have a good idea of the velocities you're actually getting; with my stock 10/22 I get an average of aroung 1040 fps for CCI SV's):

Next question. Barrel twist for stock barrel Ruger. Quick search says 1-16.

That's correct.

Third question pertains to using Hornady 4dof. When I input a velocity of 1070 and a barrel twist of 1-16 I get a crazy come up for 100 yards.

If you check CCI's website, that should give you reliable info:

If I use a barrel twist of 1-7 I get a much more reasonable come up. And last with 22lr is it possible to use a calculator or do you just measure your groups every 25 yards and save that info. Thanks.

Yes, you can use a ballistic calculator to get what you want.

You might even use such a calculator to reverse engineer by measuring the differences between a zero and 100 yds (or whatever) and get a BC that better matches your rifle and conditions.