• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help, Glock 27 is going full auto!

jcclow

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
Here's one for ya... so I'm at the range today and my Glock 27 is starting to go full auto. I put a mag in it with 9 rounds of .40 Winchester White Box, 165gr. I pulled the trigger and two rounds went off immediately. Pulled the trigger again and two more rounds went off. By this time everyone on the range was looking at my pistol and I. I called the range master over and asked him if he knew anything about Glocks. He's ex-military and really cool. He says yes, takes a look at it and pulls the trigger. His eyes light up and he exclaims, "That's cool as hell!" He continues to shoot two clips of my ammo (luckily I like the guy) calls a buddy of his (owns a gun shop), who I hear exclaim the same thing and offers to swap out my Glock for me. He said the connector could be going bad... so some history...

About three months ago, I installed a Lone Wolf Trigger Stop to reduce play along with their 3.5 lb. connector (from stock 5.5 lb. connector) and 4 lb. striker spring (from stock 5 lb. spring) and polished all of the parts. My pistol shot like a dream! None of my buddies could believe how smooth the trigger felt from stock. Since then, I have put well over three hundred rounds through it without even a single hiccup. I cleaned the whole pistol last night, like I always have (basic field strip and removed the firing pin, extractor and firing pin safety just to check the new spring) and I ran a nylon brush over all of the trigger parts just to remove any build-up. Assembled and checked all of the safeties and dry fired it a couple of times. No big deal.

Went to the range today and it double taps perfectly, one after the other with a single trigger pull. Now, like everyone else at the range...I think that's pretty freakin' cool. Everyone wanted to try it. However, I believe it's very illegal (for me) and could be dangerous in the end (for example, I remove my finger from the trigger after one pull and it continues to fire). Has anyone else ever experienced this? The range master and I looked over the pistol, but I have not disassembled it yet. Everything seems to function perfectly, safety wise, ejection wise and feed wise...it's just leaning towards full auto. Before I send off my carry piece, I'd like some input.

BTW, anyone know a good Glock-smith in FL? Also, this isn't my first Glock and not the first time I've disassembled one either. I own a 23 also and have customized it and my friends 19. Neither of which have ever had a problem. I realize that does not make me a Glock Armorer by any means, but I do have some experience.

Re: Help, Glock 27 is going full auto!

disassemble the slide and make sure the firing pin channel is clean and dry

Also, Check the length of the trigger reset with an unloaded pistol. If its short you may be actualy coming off the trigger just enough and then back on it in the recoil cycle to fire the second shot. I had this happen to me with an AR and that was the problem.

Another Idea is that the ear for lack of a better word or the very top part of the connector that rides the slide and resets the trigger into a place where the striker will catch it on the way forward isn't compleatly doing its job. On my 27 I can actuate that portion of the connecter by pushin it towards the center of the tigger bar (#38) and it alows the the trigger bar to rise up and catch the striker on the way back.

Reference the schematic on link

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/resources?tabid=9&page=schematics/FullSizeGlock.htm

Man! do you know that people are paying many thousands for a full auto "gun"? You should just quietly tuck it away for the rainy days and get yourself a new Glock. Just kidding.

I am not an armorer by any stretch of the imagination, but check the engagement of the sear also. That happened to my 45 ACP once before and was told that was the problem by my gunsmith. It was fun when shooting it though.

JCCLOW: They just put a man in prison for an AR that was doubling. I had a 1911 do a similar thing, the firing pin spring sheared off on the end and was causing the pin to stick forward. Your gun is very dangerous because this can allow it to fire out of battery and rupture a case. You’re going straight to jail if you get caught with this gun now that you know that it is full auto and people can testify it is. Get it fixed as fast as you can! I would do a complete strip down and deliver the parts to glock for repair.

See Link http://www.wisconsingunowners.org/News_September 1, 2008_Olofson Imprisoned.cfm

My question is, were both shots hitting the target? :~)
My M1A double taps every so often while I'm squeezing the trigger.

i have done this very modification myself. and there are never any problems. and i am also a glock armorer. there is an orange colored cover that replaces the black one found at the rear of the slide. this one is only half the size of the black one that came with your gun. the purpose of this one is to allow you to look into the rear of the slide to see just how much triggerbar (sear) engagement there is with your firing pin lug. these can be gotten at lonewolf. i'd get one and look to see whats up before replacing anything. my pistol at armorer school had nearly 100% engagement. the new green 17 i got last week has about 50%. then i would add a little play into your lonewolf ultimate trigger stop adjustment. 1/2 turn should do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gman762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is an orange colored cover that replaces the black one found at the rear of the slide. this one is only half the size of the black one that came with your gun. the purpose of this one is to allow you to look into the rear of the slide to see just how much triggerbar (sear) engagement there is with your firing pin lug. these can be gotten at lonewolf.</div></div>
Mine does not have an orange tab. The only way I can see the adjustment is to pull the pin and remove the whole trigger. The thing is, it fired perfectly for well over three hundred rounds. I have not had a chance to look at it yet, but will be diving in tonight. I didn't like the way the screw is only held by the compression of the plastic on the trigger stop. I'd have preferred some lock-tite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JCCLOW: They just put a man in prison for an AR that was doubling. I had a 1911 do a similar thing, the firing pin spring sheared off on the end and was causing the pin to stick forward. Your gun is very dangerous because this can allow it to fire out of battery and rupture a case. You’re going straight to jail if you get caught with this gun now that you know that it is full auto and people can testify it is. Get it fixed as fast as you can! I would do a complete strip down and deliver the parts to glock for repair.

See Link http://www.wisconsingunowners.org/News_September%201,%202008_Olofson%20Imprisoned.cfm</div></div>
Jeffm...thanks for your concern. That was my first and foremost thought when it happened. As soon as we realized what was going on (after the initial coolness wore off), the pistol was unloaded and placed back in my carry holster. It is currently in my house, disassembled, with a lock through the slide and one through the lower and the mag well. That guy in Wisc. had two prior weapon offenses so they were waiting for him. I have about 20 people that witnessed my surprise, including the range master and the actions we took to remedy the situation. If I can't immediately see the issue, the pistol will be in a gunsmiths shop tomorrow first thing in the AM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">disassemble the slide and make sure the firing pin channel is clean and dry</div></div>
I will check that, but when I inspected the spring after cleaning, the firing pin and channel were spotless as far as I could tell.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll keep you posted.

the orange "tab" is the replacement rear slide panel that covers your firing pin. the orange one is used to seeinto the rear of the slide to check firing pin lug contact. lone wolf sells these.

I have a G20 that was made in 1992. I did the same work you did using LW parts. I adjusted the trigger stop many times and pulled the adjustment stop all the way out still doubled everytime. I reinstall the factory trigger housing with the LW 3.5 connector and no more doubling. Hope this helps.

OK, so I disassembled my Glock all the way and soaked the whole thing in Simple Green and scrubbed it all, for quite awhile. I reassembled it without making any adjustments to the trigger stop set screw. I only lubed it at the points per the Glock Armorers Guide. Everything checked out and all of the safeties worked properly.

I went to the range on Monday and put about 150 rounds through it flawlessly. No double taps, no misfires, no misfeeds. It behaved beautifully and shot even better.

I'm going to have to guess that I had it over lubed and Downzero hit the nail on the head. I use Weapon Shield as my cleaner and lubricant and that stuff creeps into everywhere if you're not careful. I now use the needle oiler and wipe up any excess immediately. Thanks to all of you who helped.

if it does it again i would send it to glock.

I'm glad you got it fixed. My G22 did the same thing with the same exact setup. I was lucky to have caught it doing a functions check before actually firing it. I simply put the original fp spring back in and that took care of the problem. If it's a carry piece, I'd do that anyway.