• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help guide to purchase new scope

Matt ironwood

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2019
So, I’m looking for a new scope. I’m totally a buy once cry once, and I do not even have a rifle for it. That’s much easier, plus I’d probably just swap out one of my other scopes for now.

My current set ups
Noveske Apache 308 nightforce atacr
Seekins element 6.5 cm Schmidt bender classic
Savage 110 anniversary 6.5 creedmoor Schmidt bender zenith
Bergara b14 6.5 cm Leica amplus 6

I’m torn, I really like the Swarovski ds 5 25 but am worried that at 5k it will be obsolete in 3 years or someone will come out with something that out competes. I also have my eyes on a much less expensive Schmidt bender pmii 5-25
And really intrested I. The Leica prs 5-25 but no one I know has looked and can compare pros and cons. Does the Leica prs have glass as good as the old magnus? Does it track well? How does it compare to the pmii? I know the reticle sucks, I don’t use reticles, just the center of cross hair. So yes, I’m not as skilled as many out there. But can shoot through same hole at 100 yards w 3 of rifles I listed. The savage no matter which scope I’ve tried shoots 3/4 to a inch unfortunately,

And I am entertaining zero compromise but no one gives nice discounts and they are out of stock almost everywhere, plus euro doesn’t sell. But not out of equation,

I keep going back to the swaro, but worried in 3 years it’ll be a fancy paper weight

I don’t know exactly what your use case is, but the absolute best for the kind of shooting and hunting it seems like you do would be a Tangent Theta H or M series 3-15x50. That paired with your Seekins Element would be sliiiick.

Reactions: Secant and Bakwa
Those tt scopes look good, It says that scope is 36 ounces, that’s heavy compared to the s&b classic I think is 20 something ounces, which is why it’s on that rifle, it is lighter than the zenith or that would be on it,

And at 4200 iD just grab the Swarovski ds yea it’s even heavier, but I’ve had a itching for that scope and I can get the ds for 42 and change.

Wrong scope my guy.

5C1632DB-7334-4EC0-8D56-382387194E8A.png

Reactions: Matt ironwood
And I am entertaining zero compromise but no one gives nice discounts and they are out of stock almost everywhere, plus euro doesn’t sell. But not out of equation,

Matt PM me your information and I can answer all your question plus get the ZCO you're looking for, just because it's not on our site does not mean it's not on the way. The majority of ZCO's that come in are already pre-sold and don't make it to our site :)
-Richard@CST

Matt PM me your information and I can answer all your question plus get the ZCO you're looking for, just because it's not on our site does not mean it's not on the way. The majority of ZCO's that come in are already pre-sold and don't make it to our site :)
-Richard@CST
I think I did,

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
I am now considering this scope, I just am curious is it every bit as good of a scope as their other scopes? Tracking, glass, exc

TT’s are amazing, probably the best scopes produced. I would go with the TT315M though personally. Less than an ounce more and better turrets.

See this is what I’m intrested in, so the tt315 long range hunter has lower quality turrets?

I wouldn't call them lower quality, you just have to pull them up to use them and that's always a sacrifice IMO unless it's just something you're not dialing much. The turrets on the M are extremely nice.

I would also buy the M solely for the ability to get the G3XR reticle with the floating dot and tree.

I would also buy the M solely for the ability to get the G3XR reticle with the floating dot and tree.
Worth noting the G3XR reticle is really fine and not useable at 3x. Fantastically light and capable scope regardless and the turrets are mind blowing, but limited to 12 mils of elevation (6MIL double turn).

I am now considering this scope, I just am curious is it every bit as good of a scope as their other scopes? Tracking, glass, exc
Yes, it is every bit as good as their other scopes optically (which is to say some of the best on the planet); however, you have to keep in mind that the turrets are different, they are only 6mil per rev and you are limited to 12 mrad total elevation travel which is plenty for most crossover/hunting applications with modern cartridges (but the turret feel is outstanding, maybe even better than the "P" scopes due to the wider spacing). What TheOE mentions is correct, the Gen3 XR is outstanding above 5x but below 5x is really difficult to "see", for this reason, many who think they are going to use the scope below 5x a lot will opt for the Gen2 mildot reticle as it looks like a thin duplex at 3x and "easier" to see center cross.