• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help! I installed my trigger wrong

Josh-L

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2005
Red Dirt, OK USA
So I got the bright idea to install my new trigger myself. Bad idea. The Timney instructions say not to drive the pins out so far that the bolt stop and bolt stop spring don't fall out. Well my last little "tap" wasn't so little and I drove the pin all the way out and the bolt stop and spring fell out. I thought I put them back in the correct way but now when you insert the bolt the bolt stop doesn't stay up and hold the bolt in the action. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? It seemed to dry fire ok other then the bolt coming all the way out when I cycled it the first time and me going wtf? lol. Also when I took factory trigger out a little arm and spring fell out as well and I don't know if I needed to keep those in there or if they were just part of the factory trigger. The Timney instructions didn't show them or mention them.

b3ea9abf.jpg

cf9efc00.jpg

Re: Help! I installed my trigger wrong

the trigger/bolt stop look to be installed correctly. i suspect the front pin is pushing into the bolt stop causing it to stick. push that pin back toward the right hand side a bit and i bet it works fine.

It looks right. Might I suggest a bigger hammer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the trigger/bolt stop look to be installed correctly. i suspect the front pin is pushing into the bolt stop causing it to stick. push that pin back toward the right hand side a bit and i bet it works fine. </div></div>
I had already checked that and it's not. I can't figure out why there's not enough tension to hold it up.

My Timney had an issue with the bolt release button. The little allen head screw on the side of the trigger assembly that holds the bolt release button on was a hair too tight. It didn't let it slide properly until I backed it out a bit. You can see the screw on your first picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Timney had an issue with the bolt release button. The little allen head screw on the side of the trigger assembly that holds the bolt release button on was a hair too tight. It didn't let it slide properly until I backed it out a bit. You can see the screw on your first picture. </div></div>

You the man! That fixed it. Thanks. I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight lol.