• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help/Ideas? Trigger Tech Diamond - 2 Quick Failures in a Row?? Clues?

jrsandiego12

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2020
San Diego, CA
I built a 6mm Dasher on an Impact Action - it has a Trigger Tech Diamond pro-curve - same as my other 4 precision builds. I've gone through 2 Trigger Tech failures already on this build - and yet have the exact same trigger in my Rim-X, 300 PRC, 6.5 CM and never had an single issue.

First failure - about 90 rounds into the build the trigger suddenly got very crunchy - felt like it broke the shot, but didn't, and then a little more pull and the pin would then strike. Within about 20 rounds the trigger failed completely and wouldn't pull at all. I cleaned it per TT recommended way - lighter fluid pour through only - no dirt. Trigger started to function again for about 5 shots and then froze up again and completely. Chalked it up to a bad trigger. (Will send back to TT)

BUT, today, 2nd brand new TT on gun, 30 rounds into the new trigger and failure!! The trigger would break (click back) but not release the pin, a little harder pull (with no sound) and then pin releases forward and gun fires.

Any ideas how a build might cause trigger failures like this? I'm concerned its something with the build that will just keep causing Trigger failures.

>>I don't see any pressure signs on the brass. My original load was a standard 31.5 of Varget in Lapua brass, standard small primer (not even magnum small primers like many guys go with) on Dasher. After the first failure I dropped the load down to 30.5 just to be sure there wasn't a pressure issue.

>>There doesn't appear to be any gas coming back through the bolt as far as I can tell - nothing on the brass/primer indicates gas blowback. And the bolt functions smooth.

I think there is a thread on TT triggers having this problem and it falls between certain serial numbers having the issue. May wanna use the search function here. They will replace your trigger and have you back up and running..

Not sure if this is your exact issue but it's worth a read and the info on serial number span is in the thread..