• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Help Identify Vintage Gun Parts (pic heavy)

Muttt

Sergeant
Minuteman
My friend aquired two gun parts that look to be vintage. Neither of us knows what they go to or what they are called. I'm hoping one of you guys knows what these things are. Any info would be appreciated. The first item is a simple would stock. It looks like it would attach to some kind of pistol. Not sure which. The second is a drum magazine that appears to be for 9mm (we tried several different round and 9mm fits perfect). We think it might be for a WWII German gun, but that is only a guess. We want to try and identify the items. Find out what they go to, what they were designed for, and how much they might be worth. If you know please tell. If you know someone that would know, a link would be great.

Here is the stock ..........

2012-06-26_21-43-50_321.jpg

2012-06-26_21-44-01_227.jpg

2012-06-26_21-44-10_134.jpg

2012-06-26_21-44-19_504.jpg

Here is the magazine ............

2012-06-26_21-44-34_404.jpg

2012-06-26_21-44-41_710.jpg

2012-06-26_21-45-01_179.jpg

2012-06-26_21-45-34_361.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

Re: Help Identify Vintage Gun Parts (pic heavy)

My guess is they both go to a luger.

the magazine is called a snail drum, google that, might steer ya in the right direction

The snail mag and stock are designed to be mounted on a WWII era German Luger, to make a pistol usable as a carbine.

luger_full_set.jpg

(Not my pic, stolen fairly from the interweb.)

If you ask this guy... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

bdbf2406.jpg

Seriously, I think they would be more valuable as a set with the pistol and sling, een if the postol a d sling were replica items. The accessory market is always fluctuating, so it's kind of difficult to price accurately. I'd take a look at gunbroker or gunsamerica and see what those type items are selling for currently, but even then it's all about condition.

sign up and ask on lugerforum.com, those guys know everything bout what you have, hell may even have a quick sell

I would also look at the Luger forum. Those guys seem to know their stuff and can tell you if the items are legit by looking at them. Apparantly there are some magazines out there that are fakes. But an original one can can fetch over $2,000.

I've been researching both the stock and the snail drum magazine.

- The stock is for a Japanese made "Toy" Luger.

- The snail drum magazine is a reproduction magazine made some time betweeen the end of WWII and 1960. From what I understand, even the reproduction snail drums are worth upwards of 600 dollars.