• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help identifying AR Two Stage Trigger

Cigarcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2009
Pottstown, Pa
I have a DPMS Mini SASS with a 2 stage trigger installed that I believe is an aftermarket, I don't have the trigger out for observation.
When I take out the first stage pull, this trigger actually comes to a stop and you can hear it "click" before the second stage will go, best I can describe it. I have no idea what brand it is but its def not an enclosed drop in type.
Someone suggested it was a Rock River Match but I have an Elite Comp AR with that two stage trigger and it is def not the same. Any help is moocho appreciated if possible.
crazy.gif

Re: Help identifying AR Two Stage Trigger

Hard to even take a guess without any pictures of the unit. I have never heard of any of the two stage units actually having a click at the end of the 1st stage.

Geisselle is the only 2 stage AR trigger i know of that isn't a 1 piece unit. I don't ever remember hearing that it clicks before engaging. I have no personnal experience with Geisselle triggers but i would suggest looking them up and see if the picture matches what you have. If you have one count yourself lucky. I hear from a reputable source they are the fastest lock time trigger availlable for an AR and are the best AR trigger on the market (Robert Whitley).

There are far more 2 stage triggers that aren't 1 piece drop in vs. ones that are. Off the top of my head are, RRA, DPMS, Armalite, Geissele, KAC. Most of the drop in units such as JP, Timney, Chip McCormick are single stage AFAIK. The only 2 stage drop ins that I know of are the new Wilson Combat and the AR Gold.

Thanks guys, I thought I might have to pull it out to actually see what it was. I'm not really an AR guy so my knowledge there is limited. That trigger is the nicest trigger I have ever pulled on that platform. I was hoping it might be identified by the actual "stop" it made before the second stage was pulled.