• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help Identifying Remington 700 Riflesmith

Silent-2

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2021
Vero Beach, FL
I recently picked this Remington 700 rifle up at an auction. It is a custom .308 built on a 1977 vintage action. It appeared to be unfired when I received it from the seller. The workmanship on it is superb. I could not find any information on Kodiak Precision on the web. It is extremely accurate with FGMM 175s. Please let me know if you folks have any information on Kodiak Precision. Photos attached. TIA.

Semper Fidelis,

CA
KP1.jpg
KP2.jpg

Yes, that’s the first thing that pops up when you do a Google search but they aren’t a firearms related business. Thanks, tho!

Looks like they used to be out of Mesa, AZ from what I can find. There website now directs to a machine shop in CA so I’m assuming they are long gone. The old FFL address is someones home looking at the street view.

Also, the markings on the left side of the barrel in the pic with the original post contain the characters OBMYR MT. There is no such town in Montana or any place else with that name. Anybody have thoughts on that? Thanks!

Not sure what MT is but probably just an Obermyer chamber option.

I use to drive by a place in Lewiston, ID named Kodiak Arms. I never did stop in there. I'm not sure if they build stuff or just sell stuff. Out on Lapwai Road not far from the old shooting range.

Also, the markings on the left side of the barrel in the pic with the original post contain the characters OBMYR MT. There is no such town in Montana or any place else with that name. Anybody have thoughts on that? Thanks!
Obermeyer is either the barrel manufacturer...Or, he's stating the barrel has Obermeyer's 5R rifling in it. Boots Obermeyer is the man who originally invented 5R style rifling. MT is probably stating that the barrel was Melanite Treated.