• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Help Identifying Vintage Kowa Spotting Scope...

JINKSTER

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2020
I'd like to know "What Model" this Kowa spotting scope is and I only know a few things about it...

1: It was old when I received it as a Christmas present as purchased used at an estate sale by my father.

2: It was gifted to me 30+ years ago.

3: It has great glass for such an old spotting scope and a very smooth turning objective focus barrel which is spun by the knurled black midsection.

4: The 20X ocular lense is threaded in and many years ago I was told that Kowa made an interchangeable 60X ocular lense for this model that could just be swapped out to make it a 60X spotting scope.

I admittedly don't know much about spotting scopes other than comparing this Kowa against the "free for member use" spotting scopes at the range I frequent which don't hold a candle to this old Kowa however?...that probably isn't saying much as I'm sure the range spotting scopes are bottom barrel models that have seen much abuse.

Here are 3 pix of this Kowa I own and any help identifying it as a specific model would be appreciated...Thanks, Bill.

KOWA1.JPG
KOWA2.JPG
KOWA3.JPG