• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help! I'm experiencing search function retardation

AlterEgo

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2008
Ok, call me a tard or whatever, but I'm trying to find info on precision FAL builds. The 3 letter query is too short, and the * isn't giving good results, nor or other add-on words ('fal precision' for example). Any ideas, or is there something simple I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Help! I'm experiencing search function retardation

The reason you may be having trouble is that "precision FAL build" is an oxymoron.

It's a battle rifle, and a good one. It is not, and is never going to be, a precision rifle, which, by common definition, is a rifle capable of shooting one minute of angle or less in all conditions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason you may be having trouble is that "precision FAL build" is an oxymoron.

It's a battle rifle, and a good one. It is not, and is never going to be, a precision rifle, which, by common definition, is a rifle capable of shooting one minute of angle or less in all conditions.

</div></div>

1kapow.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason you may be having trouble is that "precision FAL build" is an oxymoron.

</div></div>

Uh-huh. Right.

I've already got one that is MOA pretty much when I don't screw up or feed it crap ammo. Another that has had some scope issues (hopefully fixed), that has shot well under MOA.

FAL's are like most any other rifle, if you tune it up to address whatever issue it has, you can get more than satisfactory accuracy.