• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help installing CG X-treme Mod 22 trigger in FN

Serpico1985

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2008
Charlotte NC
Hey guys. I'm having issues installing a CG x-treme mod 22 trigger on my FN PBR. I've done lots of searching and haven't found any detailed info on the web about this trigger for the FN/Winchester beyond "they're great".

Is anyone here familiar with this trigger for the FN/Winchester?

I installed it onto the receiver. The instructions are very detailed. When I get to the sear adjustment part (first part after installation) I can't get the firing pin to release. Adjusting the #7 screw will adjust whether or not the firing pin stays clocked upon closing the bolt. The instructions say to then gently turn in the #12 screw until the action fires. I can't get it to fire upon turning it all the way in.

I've contacted the owner and he seems very busy and is a one man shop as best I can tell. I haven't been able to speak with him on the phone and only spoke briefly spoke to him on email.

Anyone know of a gunsmith in the Charlotte/Concord NC region that is familiar with these triggers that could help? Would a general gunsmith be able to complete the installation? I'm new to bolt guns and have a general distrust of random gunshop smiths.

Thanks for your time.

Installing the Winchester model CG on an FN requires a specially modified piece...which I believe is the transfer bar. In any event, I strongly suggest you contact Mark at Short Action Customs in Ohio. Mark knows more about installing that trigger on an FN action than anyone else out there.

Last edited: