• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP - Leofoto Tactical Table

Conaso

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
Virginia
I don’t compete, just recreational shooting off a bench at nearby ranges, 50 -300 yards. I don’t have an opportunity to see the setups of others, searched online but didn’t find the needed info.

I have a Manfrotto tripod, purchased years ago, and using the built-in Manfroto quick release with my Vortex Viper 20-60X85 spotting scope it is a steady enough system for my use. Recently purchased a weather meter and Garmin Xero chronograph. Bench gets crowded with ammo bag, etc., so wanted to move those items to the tripod but retain ability to mount just the spotting scope when leaving the weather meter and chronograph at home.

So, I bought a Leofoto FDM-05 Foldable Tactical Table, Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect Tripod Adapter (323 RC2), and Neewer Camera Screw Kit for the various 1/4” and 3/8” screws and adapters. Locking down the Manfrotto Quick Adapter Plate (PL200) to the Table was easy (never found Manfrotto Quick Adapter Plate to ARCA mount).

Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace Hardware is where I go when I need to get dangerous; no lathes or one-stop shop. I used the Screw Kit’s 3/8” to 1/4” x 2½“ long adapter to mount the chronograph (need soft washer to adjust and lock direction). For the weather meter, I plan on buying a stainless-steel 3/8” x 12” threaded rod and a female/female coupling or hex nut for locking position) plus the Screw Kit’s 3/8” to 1/4” adapter. Of course, some (nylon?) washers not to gouge the aluminum tTble.

My dilemma - for the spotting scope, ever part in the Neewer Camera Screw Kit fails to secure the Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect Tripod Adapter. The adapter is either too loose or misaligned.

Hence, my call for help.

Can you post pictures of your setup and where are you having the problem?

You cant get the Rapid Connect (which is similar to an Arca clamp) screwed to the tac table so that it lines up? is that the problem?

My attempted setup...

#1 Tripod to table - The Manfrotto Quick Adapter Plate (PL200) works well, doesn't move. Later if and when I purchase a tripod with ARCA head this will do.

#2 Table with components - On the far-left is the Neewer Camera Screw Kit 3/8" to 1/4" x 2-1/2" Adapter for the Garmin chronograph. Needs washer for minor directional adjustment.

On the far-right is where I intend to purchase the stainless-steel 3/8” x 12” threaded rod and a female/female 3/8" coupling or hex nut for securing the rod; the Screw Kit’s comes with the 3/8” to 1/4” adapter (positioning unimportant) for connecting the (rotating) Weather Meter and Vane. Of course, some (nylon?) washers not to gouge the aluminum Table.

My dilemma, in the middle-rear is where I want the spotting scope with 1/4". The Manfrotto 323 RC2 Rapid Connect Tripod Adapter (323 RC2) clamp has 3/8" hole, with adapter female 1/4", to secure to the Table. It needs to be at the edge because the bottom-rear has a protrusion for the lever plus it allows the chronograph to almost clear the front of the spotting scope. Using a 1/4" hex-head grub-bolt (?) will through both the table and clamp but there is a space and it is not secure.

Went through every bolt and washer in my 'tin can', no luck.

Attachments

• 20240119_103832.jpg
    20240119_103832.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20240119_103240.jpg
    20240119_103240.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240119_131032.jpg
    20240119_131032.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240119_131018.jpg
    20240119_131018.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 49
Lessons Learned -
The table and clamp align but the matching thread pitch keeps the two slightly separated.
Due to bottom (tripod lever) and top (Quick Adapter Plate (PL200) clearances, only a 1/8" grub screw (?) with no head can be used.

Need to find a hard, slightly compressible material that can be used between Table and Clamp. Tried some (gray) double-sided tape, two pieces high, but doesn't compress and clamp is catching next thread pitch, keeping them apart. Luckily, this is a winter project. When snow melts, will try walking around hardware store.

Thanks for listening to my whining.

Attachments

• 20240120_073009.jpg
    20240120_073009.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 23
Can you post pictures of your setup and where are you having the problem?

You cant get the Rapid Connect (which is similar to an Arca clamp) screwed to the tac table so that it lines up? is that the problem?
Thanks for your interest in helping. After two days of searching through still more junk I think I resolved my problem after finding a non-metal washer and a 1/8" to 3/8" adapter. I'll post a photo when done.