• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help LRF Leupold rx1200 TBR with DNA

brooTool

Zor
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2014
Hesperia, CA
Hello all,

So I am in the market for a nice range finder, I have a $400 limit and not a penny more. I am looking for a finder to go close or to 1000 yards. I found the Leupold rx1200 on sale for 379.00. Does anyone have any experience with this rangefinder? I spoke with an employee in the optics department at bass pro shops and he told me he ranged small targets and soft targets from 800-1000 yards accurately. I know that Leica is the way to go but I can't afford them and I will not buy a used one due to past issues with used products. If you have any other recommendations for a good 1000 yard range finder let me know :)

Last edited:
You wont get 1k yards under anything but perfect conditions. I had a leupold 1000 tbr and it would go to about 600 and that was it. I sold it and bought a swarovski and its great, picked it up on clearance at cabelas for 550$. You get what you pay for.

The guy at BPS is full of shit. You might hit a grain silo at 1k but thats about it. The furthest I hit a soft target with a Leica 1000 was 800 and some change (black cattle), an antelope just over 700. I did hit hard targets just under 1100.

You know what you need to get (Leica, Swaro, Zeiss), anything else will be a disappointment.

I have one for bow hunting since it is light and compact and works well for that purpose. It had difficulty ranging beyond 600 yards under good conditions and didn't work at all at 1,000. I would look at the Leica albeit outside your price range. Swaro discontinued their LRF this past year. I acquired one a number of years ago and works well but since getting a Terrapin it stays in the safe most of the time.