• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me choose a Spuhr mount

dangerdan87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Tyler, TX
So I had my 5-25x56mm S&B sitting on my MARS rail with 1" Badger M40A3 rings. The scope cleared fine, but I could not protect the objective lens of the scope as there was too little space. I could fit a Butler Creek cap on it, but it was mushed up against the rail.

So I sold the Badger rings and now looking at the getting a Spuhr mount (my original idea). What do you guys think I should get?

The SP-4001 is 1.18" high, it may fit
The SP-4002 is 1.46" high, it should fit
The SP-4006 is 1.34" high, it should fit

Of course I don't want to buy one to find out that it is too high or too low and have to send it back to exchange it.

Pic of said rifle:

The MARS has a 30MOA cant to it, so I'm just looking for a 0MOA/0MIL Spuhr mount.

I ordered mine from midway about a year ago: Spuhr ISMS 1-Piece Scope Mount Picatinny-Style Matte

I ordered part number 574986 (height high, ring diameter 34mm, zero base elevation) which measured .495 from the top of the base to the bottom of the ring. When I tried to mount the S&B, the tube did not quite set in the front ring because the scope cap rested on the rail. I sent it back and ordered part number 685585 (extra-high) which measured .765 from top of base to bottom of ring. My scope is a 50 mm obj and with the higher mount I still need to turn the lens cap to have it fit. Kind of depends what caps you are going to use and still get the closest fit. As I don’t have a 56mm obj, I can only assume that the one I have now will fit but you might have an issue with caps. I could have kept the first one but then I would not have the ability to use caps.

Here is a pic of mine as it sits today: Update: I took a grinder to the cap tonight and took it down a mark so it will sit straight instead of off to the side as in the pic..

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: