• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Help me choose : Razor 5-20 or LRTS 3-12

Lostin89

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2020
Blythewood, SC
Alright....I'm in a pickle.

I currently have sitting in my safe two un-mounted scopes and frankly I only need one.

Vortex Razor 5-20
Bushnell LRTS 3-12

One of them will be placed comfortably atop my SCAR until I decide which gas gun route to go....but here is the issue, I can't decide between the two.

I'm not a professional shooter, my time active duty was spent behind shotguns and sig 226s/229s so this is a new world to me.

They both look amazing, the razor is obviously heavier....longer.....just flat bigger, but size/weight doesn't bother me.

I'm heavily leaning towards the bushnell simply bc the money I would get back from the razor would put me in a solid place with ammo and time actually training.

These optics will be filling a DMR role, let's be realistic though, I live in SC where stretching past 400 yards would be a rarity unless I was bench shooting....and I think both of these optics are better than I am.

Last edited:
Trigger time trumps the optic

Sell the Vortex, keep the Bushnell, buy the ammo, poke some primers.

Reactions: Pointman308
I have both scopes. The Bushnell is better suited for the DMR role on your SCAR.

My Razor 5-20 currently, and will probably always be on my Tikka T1x 22LR because of its massive elevation range.

I've got the bushnell on my hunting rifle and had the gen 1 razor in the past. For what you're wanting i would stick with the bushnell. I'm pretty impressed with mine.

Got off the phone with Neil maybe 20 minutes ago.

I think the Bushnell pretty much has me hooked at this point. Doug and team are gonna get me hooked up with an SMRS to go on a different rifle twhen they are back in stock, and if it's as impressive as the LRTS, I'll be unloading my gen 2E 1-6 as well!