• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me Decide: "Custom" Tikka CTR or Bighorn Orgin?

Well, the proof is in the pudding. I went to the range this morning to break-in the barrel. I followed Proof Research’s recommendation of shoot 3/clean, shoot 3/clean, shoot 5/clean.

There seemed to be pretty good consensus in the 6 Dasher forum to effectively run a fire forming load when using virgin Alpha brass. I loaded 50 rounds with 108 gr. Berger BT target bullets over 30 grains of Varget and Federal GMM primers.

Wrapped up the barrel break in, fired 2 fouling rounds and then proceeded to put two 5 round groups on paper. Needless to say it looks like it will be no problem to find a load which shoots unbelievably well in this rifle. Hard to go wrong when the first group you ever shoot out of the gun is under 1/3 MOA.

8FDBF5D1-05FC-4E3F-9390-49DCF7CE27A7.jpeg

7D8D0D74-53C5-44DF-9E40-B2EB7ADB701E.jpeg

Well, we did it everyone! Thanks for all the input and opinions. Narrowed it down for me. My barrel vice showed up yesterday so I was able to finally torque everything down and Duracoat the barrel.

Waiting on a neck size bushing to get my first batch of ammo put together and see how it shoots at the range.

She’s a looker.
View attachment 7709703
View attachment 7709704

chosewisely.jpg

What tripod is that?