• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP me decide on an optic

Crumley25

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2011
Kingston, GA
Optic will be mounted on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308

Will be used for Hunting and some long range shooting out to 1000 yards

I have narrowed it down to two options:

Leupold VX3 6.5-20x50 (30mm) side focus LR Target

and

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 MC

Im having trouble deciding between the two.

I like the glass in the Zeiss and the style of turret, but is there enough elevation adjustment to get out to 1000 yards even with a 20 MOA base?

Both are pretty poor choices for LR shooting. The leupold has covered turrets and no reticles worth a damn or a matches reticle and the Zeiss has limited travel and MOA turrets with a mil reticle. They are also both SFP.

In the same price range the SWFA 3-15 and the bushnell elite tacticals are much better choices for a LR scope. You get the same quality, matched knobs and reticle, and FFP.

I'd have to agree that both of your selections are poor choices for that rifle. Vortex, Weaver and Burris also make scopes in your price range that would work well.

I have the 16.5" version of your rifle and I'll be putting one of the new Burris XTR II scopes in 3-15x50 on it once they are released.

what kind of hunting are you going to be doing? out of the two mentioned, the zeiss is the better choice, optically, and you can get it with target turrets, but a high magnification scope like that is going to have some draw backs, such as not having as much adjustment, poor performance in lower light situations, and not having a mil or moa based reticle with matching turrets if thats a feature you are looking for. is that what your looking for? a little more information is needed about your expectations to make a good recommendation.

I would have to agree with redneck! Based off your choices, I would safe it's safe to say we're on a strict budget. Take a look @ the Vortex brand and I promise you won't be disappointed! Let me know if I could help with anything

I've done all my own research on the same topic and I came to a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA. It serves me well out to 716yds. I have a stop sign photo at the same distance to give you an idea of sight picture.
mu8y2upe.jpg
9ubyzedy.jpg

Buy quality, cry once.

I also just bought the vortex viper 6x24 50. Same as the above poster after a lot of research.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk