• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me decide which tikka to sell, or keep?!

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Got out of 6.5 last year, since i havent shot a match in a while and just narrowed it down to 223 & 308... Got a 223 tikka, 22 tikka, and a 308 tikka.... but I also have an aero precision 16" ar10 in 308........

Picked up a tikka tac a1 in 6.5 today for a deal I couldn't say no to.... Since im invested in AICS mags, I thought about selling my 308, but putting the 308 into the tac chassis and the 6.5 into the krg bravo and keep it for down the road if I want to shoot matches again. But the more I look at it, the more I want to keep them both!! But then I need another scope............. damnit, decisions.

Ditch the Aero, buy a scope.
    The aero is badass, and def. fun to shoot, but it is a heavy mofo, even at 16". I thought spending $450 on the rainier arms ultra match fluted barrel would save some weight... NOPE. But I do like how short it is compared to the bolt guns...

Maybe sell it and cut my 308 tikka to 16"

Edit: Also, if I sell it, I wont need another scope. Ive got 3 rifles now without glass and 2 XTR 3 illuminated on order.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Keep all and buy a scope anyhow
    Yea I may have to… I look at them and idk if I can let one go. One might just go without glass for a bit.
    58BAA1C4-BCBB-469E-B7A6-2BC8641137B0.jpeg

Reactions: artofthepoint
    Keep all three and save. If you like all three, you’ll just end spending more in the end to replace them. I regret selling my old tac a1. Least it sold to somone on here.

Keep all three and save. If you like all three, you’ll just end spending more in the end to replace them. I regret selling my old tac a1. Least it sold to somone on here.
    You're not wrong, as I have done that many times...
    I love the tac a1, but my ONLY beef with it, is the magazines.... Mine have always worked fine, but with so many rifles running aics mags, I hate that they didnt make this take them too... Price isnt much more than I pay for my accurate mags, but the fact that my bolt guns cant run all the same mags, bugs me a little.

That's one reason I love the RPR, the ability to use the same mags as my tikka aics, my ar10.. and even my m1a... awesome rifle.

Yea I may have to… I look at them and idk if I can let one go. One might just go without glass for a bit.
    View attachment 7916959
    Nice family pic. Don't separate them if you love them all.

Sacrifice something from a different area of your life.

Put your best glass on the one you shoot the most (most fun) and focus on that rifle the most.

The diff in handling between a 16" and 20" barrel is tiny when using outdoors. Notable difference in velocity.
    Having run 16.5" and 18", I don't think I'd ever go shorter than 20" again; may not apply to you the same.

I regret selling my RPR. It was a great gun and I should've kept it. Shot great and was totally reliable; hated the stock though.

Don't sell guns you love.

Sell the guns you don't love or appreciate anymore. Let them be loved and appreciated by others. Locking them into a dark safe for years at a time is gun abuse.

Reactions: carbonbased
    Nice family pic. Don't separate them if you love them all.

Sacrifice something from a different area of your life.

Put your best glass on the one you shoot the most (most fun) and focus on that rifle the most.

The diff in handling between a 16" and 20" barrel is tiny when using outdoors. Notable difference in velocity.
    Having run 16.5" and 18", I don't think I'd ever go shorter than 20" again; may not apply to you the same.

I regret selling my RPR. It was a great gun and I should've kept it. Shot great and was totally reliable; hated the stock though.

Don't sell guns you love.

Sell the guns you don't love or appreciate anymore. Let them be loved and appreciated by others. Locking them into a dark safe for years at a time is gun abuse.
    I’ve got a rpr rimfire I may let go, haven’t shot it since I got my tikka t1x, once my son has outgrown his cricket, I was going to give him the rpr but I might get another tikka for him too.
    I’ve got more in the ar10 than the tac a1 lol,

It’s so painful to buy and gun then your like shit, GLASS, BIPOD, US OPTICS LEVEL …Glass being the killer. I run Nightforce optics mainly but I have a Steiner and US Optics laying around so I’ll have to choose one of those for my new Tikka.
    PB