• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me decide!

yeshuascoming

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2023
Maine
Hello all. This is my second post (first was a new member “hello”). I am having a hard time deciding on a scope for a precision AR (BCM MK12 Mod 4X). The rifle will be mainly used for coyote and target practice out to 700 yards. My requirements are as follows:
1. Durability (preferably “bomb-proof”) that holds zero.
2. Tracking that is consistent
2. Low light performance
3. Illuminated reticle
4. Exposed turrets (at least elevation)
5. Maximum power at least 10X (but preferably a bit more).
6. LOW power no higher than 4.
8. Japanese or Philippines construction
9. Preferably under $1000.

I’ve narrowed it down to these (with prices I found online). I can receive a military discount from NF, Trijicon, Burris and Primary arms (10-15% below online prices). If there’s any other scopes that fit my requirements please let me know.

-Niteforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 $1290
-Burris XTR II (if it’s not Chinese) $749
-Burris XTR 3.3-18x50 $1099
-Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10 $749
-Primary Arms GLX 4-16X50 $799
-Trijicon credo HX 2.5-15X42 $875

Last edited:
Both models say “Designed, machined and assembled in Colorado”. How do know which is which? Are any models Japanese (less $ than US but more than P.I.?
If its illuminated its made in the Philippines if it aint its made in the peoples republic of Colorado.

Reactions: yeshuascoming
From your list i would call camerland and get a Burris. Probably the XTRIII.
I have a XTRII BUT ITS 5 X 30 the glass is crappy compared to the XTRIII 3 x 18, i do not know what the glass in the XTR II 3 x 15 is any better.

Hello all. This is my second post (first was a new member “hello”). I am having a hard time deciding on a scope for a precision AR (BCM MK12 Mod 4X). The rifle will be mainly used for coyote and target practice out to 700 yards. My requirements are as follows:
1. Durability (preferably “bomb-proof”) that holds zero.
2. Tracking that is consistent
2. Low light performance
3. Illuminated reticle
4. Exposed turrets (at least elevation)
5. Maximum power at least 10X (but preferably a bit more).
6. LOW power no higher than 4.
8. Japanese or Philippines construction
9. Preferably under $1000.

I’ve narrowed it down to these (with prices I found online). I can receive a military discount from NF, Trijicon, Burris and Primary arms (10-15% below online prices). If there’s any other scopes that fit my requirements please let me know.

-Niteforce SHV 4-14x50 F1 $1290
-Burris XTR II (if it’s not Chinese) $749
-Burris XTR 3.3-18x50 $1099
-Primary Arms GLX 2.5-10 $749
-Primary Arms GLX 4-16X50 $799
-Trijicon credo HX 2.5-15X42 $875
If you haven't already purchased your scope yet Primary Arms just released two brand new 2023 models of Philippines made 34mm GLx 3-18x and 4.5-27x both for well under $1000 and some dealers offer way better pricing over the phone. If you want to cheap out the Japan made Tract Tekoa 4-16x44 with German Schott glass and tall turret zero stop/sunshade kit for $559 is good deal and it's $475 with law enforcement or military discount OOPS no illumination so disregard also the Meopta Optika 6 for $799 demo illuminated MRAD model is hard to beat OOPS sorry it's starts at 5x so disregard. I'd stay away from Trijicon with electronics in them or tritium that has an actual life expectancy and who's electronics only have 5 year warranty from date of manufacture not date of purchase just like SIG electronics warranty essentially disposable throw away items sijce they don't want to fix them after their warranty expires.

Pony up few more hundies/Benjamin's for this brand new model Tract Toric 4-25x50 instead on discounted pre-order price.