• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me find a Bartlein blank

wade2big

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
TEXAS
I’m trying to find a Bartlein 7mm 1-8” twist blank in their “3B” contour. I’m having no luck finding one in stock. I did find a #4 in stock but I think that thing cut back to 20-22” will be heavier than a rem varmint if I’m understanding the contour specs correctly.

In the meantime I’m going to search for a comparable blank in another manufacturer such as Kreiger. I’d appreciate the help.

Why not have PVA contour you an Osprey in whatever you want?
I have one on order already but the finished price is basically the same as a Bartlein or a Kreiger but with a lesser blank. The price of the pva stuff has really increased to a point that they are a less appealing option today.

Besides that, if I can order a blank I can have it chambered in a matter of a couple days rather than several months.

Last edited:
I have one on order already but the finished price is basically the same as a Bartlein or a Kreiger but with a lesser blank. The price of the pva stuff has really increased to a point that they are a less appealing option today.

Besides that, if I can order a blank I can have it chambered in a matter of a couple days rather than several months.
Fastest order would be through bugholes. They’ll plug the order into their standing monthly orders, and you’ll have it in sub 3 months more than likely. They can do the finish machining as well.

I have a couple hunting rifles with x-caliber #5 blanks. They are quite a bit lighter than rem varmint. Both are 21" in 280 and 6 creed. I am in Las Vegas or I could get the weight of the rifles or the BA and scope. They aren't really heavey but seem to hold up to strings of fire without walking or the groups openneing up.