• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me fix my HNT26

Tsovern

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
IN
My particular HNT26 twists and flexes like mad on the tripod and bipod. It shows at the reticle and target.
It seems to me like the forend itself is rigid enough, the connection to chassis seems to be most of the issue. I've considered epoxying it permanently if I could figure out good way to remove BA when needed. Almost certainly that would require some material removal from the forend " bridge".
Anyone tried this or have another solution ?

100000% do not bond your action to that chassis. its highly highly unlikely to fix whatever is going on and will cluster fuck the solution

Reactions: Rookie
Sorry, I mean bonding the forend to the chassis, not the ba.

Before you do anything to your HNT26 stock, I would contact MDT and let them know what the issue is that you are having and see what they say. They have pretty good customer service and will generally go out of their way to help you.

Before you do anything to your HNT26 stock, I would contact MDT and let them know what the issue is that you are having and see what they say. They have pretty good customer service and will generally go out of their way to help you.
My understanding is it's the nature of the beast. Totally acceptable to some, possibly unnoticed by others.

You should be able to get your barreled action out with the handguard in by tilting it up enough to clear the trigger and then sliding it back. I’ve done it multiple times.

If it’s “twisting and flexing like mad” I would definitely suggest something is wrong.
Perhaps post up some pics here to help identify what’s going on.

You should be able to get your barreled action out with the handguard in by tilting it up enough to clear the trigger and then sliding it back. I’ve done it multiple times.
My BnA trigger won't clear w m24 barrel. But I think shaving the bridge a bit would get it.

If it’s “twisting and flexing like mad” I would definitely suggest something is wrong.
Perhaps post up some pics here to help identify what’s going on.
Not sure how I would capture it.