• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help me ID this rifle!

treymchattie

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Keller, Tx
been lurking here for a while, and was hoping that somebody could remind me what manufacture and model of rifle i grew up shooting. details that i remember: 22lr, light color wood stock, 7? round magazine single stack. the best identifying factor will be the rear of the bolt. it was round and domed in appearance with little ridges cut into it and at the head i could see 1/8th inch of the rear of the firing pin sticking out. any help would be appreciated.

Re: help me ID this rifle!

to add, it had open sights and no scope mount. i seem to remember it being from a bigger company, leaning towards winchester.

guess i should have said that, ha ha. im 23 and got it when i was 8 or 9 but it was not brand new.

1.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
it looks like this, but i know it isnt this rifle. the rear of the bolt is exactly what i am talking about, but i remember there being a thicker trigger guard and i dont think the reciever came as far back and wasnt as robust. this gun is listed as HARRINGTON & RICHARD H&R MODEL -- 865 PLAINSMAN BOLT ACTION .22 RIFLE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G.Ruff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the H&R 451 Medalist? </div></div>nah, i know it isnt a H&R, i bought a few magazines for it a while back and i dont remember that name. pretty sure it was a winchester, remington, or marlin. leaning towards winchester

The Remington 511 Scoremaster and the 513 Matchmaster had bolts similar to that.

511%20p%205.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

I have a Remington sportsmaster model 512, but it has a tube magazine... my dad got it when he was a kid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G.Ruff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Remington 511 Scoremaster and the 513 Matchmaster had bolts similar to that.

</div></div>

we have a winner, it was the 511, i remember that model number and the safety. thanks to everyone for the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G.Ruff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Remington 511 Scoremaster and the 513 Matchmaster had bolts similar to that. </div></div>

Yep, I have a 511 Scoremaster and it looks exactly like what you described. That thing is scary accurate. Of course the National Guard armorer getting ahold of it when I was 10yrs old and running through it from muzzle to buttstock didn't hurt it at all either.