• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me identify 30-06 bullets

rusty815

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone, I was fumbling through my ammunition today and remembered I had what I think is some weird ammunition. This stuff looks normal, except the bullets are painted completely blue except for the tip where you can see that it is copper. I don't know much about it except that it's really old, is PMC brass, and is factory ammunition (my family didn't reload at the time). What do you guys think this is?

IMG_20120326_173707.jpg

IMG_20120326_173659.jpg

IMG_20120326_173646.jpg

Re: Help me identify 30-06 bullets

Yeah looks the old blue painted barnes bullets and im PMC brass with that heavy taper crimp im thinking reloads for sure

They are old barnes bullets. I have some downstairs but am to lazy to go see which ones. Had some expansion problems if I remember correctly. Have not shot any in years.

Seeing as they're blue, it means that they are 'inert practice rounds'.

Ergo, they are not lethal and probably made out of chalk so that they don't hurt anyone.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, No, they are not 'chalk' and most-likely are just as effective as "non painted rounds". I was kidding. And don't eat them.

Ok, I googled XLC bullets and found out that PMC actually did make factory ammunition with 150gr. Barnes XLC bullets, so that solves my next question on bullet weight.

What happened to Barnes XLC bullets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What happened to Barnes XLC bullets? </div></div>
People found cheaper bullets that performed just as good if not better for shooting Smurf's.