• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me pick a new HUNTING optic

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Im looking to buy a new optic for my Marlin 336 30-30 Winchester. This will be only for hunting purposes.

Im looking for maybe a 1-4x scope for this rifle. I dont need much magnification. I rarely shoot deer no more than 200yrds at the maximum, usually 50yrds-150yrds.

I dont want to spend more than $500 for this scope.

Give me some good suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Help me pick a new HUNTING optic

If you don't want to go with the 3-15 Nightforce (ffP/mildot), I'd probably go with the 1.75-6 Leupold, or something by Nikon. Good hunting...

You might want to consider the Nitrex by Weaver TR1 1.5-5x32. Japanese made, supposedly with same glass and internals as a Weaver Grand Slam that sells for around $290. This Nitrex model is discontinued, so can be bought for around $130. Being part of Weaver, Nitrex lifetime warranty handled by Weaver. Heck of a buy for a quality scope and you can probably only find it available at Natchez for that price.

I wouldn't go bigger than a 2-7 on a lever action
Either that or a 1-4
take a look at the new Leupold Firedots
I am VERY impressed with them for a hunting scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: judgedelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't want to go with the 3-15 Nightforce(ffP/mildot)</div></div> On a 30-30 lever action? I'd like to see that.
smile.gif

Check out the Weaver V 1-3. I have them on several lever guns and really enjoy them. Super wide fov and on 1X you can see the front site and use it like a big arrow to track and lead running game. AG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: judgedelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't want to go with the 3-15 Nightforce(ffP/mildot)</div></div> On a 30-30 lever action? I'd like to see that.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Me too!