• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help me pick a scope

mj23polaris

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2019
first post i think, lurk alot on here but im suffering from paralysis by analysis. cant seem to pull the trigger on a scope

• What is the platform for the scope? 18in ar15
  • What cartridge are you shooting? 5.56
  • What is your intended use for the scope? shooting paper, rocks, and steel
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? all conditions
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 50yds to 700ish yards
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? FFP, a good reticle for hold overs
  • What is the price range you can afford? $1000
I've narrowed it down to a few scopes, I'm trying to stick to buying something made in Japan or at least the Philippines. I know I listed some criteria above but the jist of it I want something I can use a reticle for holdovers 75% of the times, dial if I need to, put the scope in a good quality mount or rings and trust to hold zero throughout use.

Where I'm paralyzed with the decision is I can get the Sig for half the price of the eotech and trijicon with a similar style reticle. Is the sig that much less of a scope? I understand it might have lesser quality glass but that's minor to me. I've looked through the sig and I enjoy the reticle and it felt like quality. Then the burris comes in middle of the pack with lesser reticle but lower price and made in japan.

I live in Wyoming and the wind blows a lot, that has me leaning towards a Christmas tree style reticle for ease of holds at longer distance vs dialing and holding or drawing imaginary lines into nothing with a "t" reticle like the SCR

I understand the sig doesn't fall into the same mag range as the others, but like I said I've handled the sig and the reticle at low to high mag was nice IMO. If there is a scope I missed that falls into the same realm as the sig I'm open to it.

so from japan
eotech vudu 2.5-10 h59 $879
Trijicon credo 2-10 $919
Burris Xtr 2-10 SCR $600

phillippines
sig tango 4 4-16 dev l MIL $469

thanks for the help

Last edited: