• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Help me pick next handgun

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Just sold my p09 (my least favorite cz), still have a p07, p10c, 75b, spo1 & p10F
    Currently running a xdm elite osp with a rmr.. Im more into combat/duty type pistols. I'd rather not go back to glock, I miss my 19x/45 but the grips on the cz and springfield are just much better to me.

I am picking up a LTT beretta in a week or two, but wanting something else to replace the p09.

Suggestions?

If you wanted to stick with a DA/SA gun you could pick up a HK USP. Very cool, most can be had used at a steal and theyre so beefy they arent likely to get worn out. It wouldnt be my first choice as a modern duty gun but I like mine alot and theyre one of the quintessential modern service handguns. The PDP is great though and they tend to have the best production striker triggers I've pulled.

I have thousands of rounds thru these three brethren; the Walther PPQM2 / HKP30 / VP9 , except for the striker-fired v. hammer on the P30, they are virtual mechanical / ergonomic clones of each other. Might as well buy the least expensive one !
    Walther PPQ M2 HK VP9 P30 Comparison Annotated 2.jpg
    Walther PPQ M2 HK VP9 P30 Comparison Annotated copy.jpg

Reactions: 4thandbleek
    https://www.laugoarms.com/alien.html if it your money why not really expensive sure not many people have one or could afford one you can do it .
    or maybe one of those cabot's
    https://cabotguns.com/ treat your self to something special like a really fine wine or one of a kind piece of art that you can shoot . sti woulld be special if the others are out of your pocket range maybe a cz race gun not sure if that's your cup of tea either or a nice 45 maybe a 10mm suits you more good luck with what ever you get please post pics as I am sure the feds in here would love to see your new gun when it's all decked out . I know I would lol .

p229
    send to robert burke for a carry level trigger job. all set.

The Walther from the PPQ on is a pretty bad ass gun.

I have two M&P's, also an FN S9C, that is the carry size version of the FN S9. That little bastard has a lot of mag capacity for a little guy. I mostly carry a Ruger LCR, kind of a soft spot for wheel guns. But............ the M&P is in the truck, along with an AR.

Much like PRS rifles and optics, this is a good time in history to be in the market!

Reactions: acudaowner
    I sold my G17 when I got my canik elite combat executive absolutely love it

P30L 9x19, my favorite of the handguns in my inventory. Next would be the VP9 if you want carry optics.

Get something in 10mm. Because fuk you, fuk them, fuk your wrist, fuk innocent bystanders, and fuk the 3 people behind the bad dude.

I've been messing with M&P9 5" currently. We don't have (easy to get) carry in Australia, but I do use it at the range with a holster. I have a vortex venom, and the slides coloured differently. This was a customer's.
    Screenshot_2021-07-20-21-27-42-06.jpg

Here's the elite combat executive with 509

Attachments

• 20210719_212914.jpg
      20210719_212914.jpg
      260 KB · Views: 90
    I picked up a PDP earlier this year. It's got a good factory trigger and is pretty accurate.
    Using a Safariland GLS in a drop leg rig.
    IMG_8623.jpg
    IMG_8536.jpg
    IMG_8624.jpg

I think if you have a chance, try a Steyr m9a2, the feel of the grip is quite amazing, the Walther pdp is equally good also.

I am really liking my Sig p229 Legion SAO in 9mm, fits like a glove and sexy as all hell.
    my primary weapon has been a p226 for almost 30 years, but i really love my P229.
    utility aside, i think the proportions of the p229 legion with the abbreviated beavertail makes it the best looking handgun.
    /and i don't own one, so it isn't just picking my own shit.

Shoot every gun you can get your hands on. Find the one you shoot better than the others and buy that one.

Sure....to each their own...if I'm competing I prefer the pistol that I can shoot better than the rest.
    Maybe you're just naturally "gifted"....I'm already convinced that you're special.

IF you like the Sig P229 you will really like the Sig P229C-SAS (compact, a full size P229 frame with P224 barrel 3.5, SAS=Sig Anti-Snag full melted treatment from their Custom Shop").
    IF you like a 1911 style 9 mm, Wilson Combat Compact Carry feels pretty good too.
    IMG_5423 copy.JPG
    IMG_5425 copy.JPG
    IMG_9694a copy.jpg
    IMG_9716a copy.jpg